Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put my adult Retics together to breed the female is cruising the viv tongue flicking, huffing and her bits r hanging out and the male is just sat in the corner not moving, is she wanting to mate or is she not ready? And is the male not interested? An info would be great.

·
Registered
961 Posts
have you put her in his or him in hers and spray him and her with some warm water usualy works well

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put her in with him and sprayed them tried it twice now, is she showing signs of wanting to mate?

·
Registered
961 Posts
yes mate looks that way he is gay lol only joking has he been cooled enough and have you now put temps back up

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yh been cooled enough and put the temps back up I didn't know if she was not interested in him, what shall I try now?

·
Registered
961 Posts
leve them over night see if there is any signs of breeding in the morning it some times happens over night

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the signs from her r meaning she is wanting to mate then I will leave them for a few days then split them up and introduce them a few days later

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Try putting another males shed skin in there.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last week for 5 days then separated them for a few days and put them back together today and she still doing it.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Not to long then... I'd just give them more time, can take a long long time! Patience is the key. If its ment to be then its ment to be!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shall I leave them together for a few more days?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok thanks will try that

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
il ask the questions no one has asked as these are important questions in retic breeding only then can accurate answers be given.

females age?
males age?
females size and girth/weight?

these are important to know if you can get an answer. No one should be able to give you any advice unless they know these details.

A female that is exposing and wagging her tail does not always mean shes wanting to breed its also a sign of saying shes stressing and not ready for it.

As you may or may not know females should be 4 years plus for breeding but at the minimum age of 4 it does not mean shes ready it can still take years after that. Again males can breed at 18 months but it may not mean your male is acctually matured and ready to breed. Cooling i have never found essential and have had success

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The female is 2008 and the male is 2007 proven breeder, both about 13ft and the female has a width of about 6inches a nice healthy size to her.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
as above sounds like shes just not ready for it.shes only 4 one of mine looks like shes just taken but didn't want to last season and shes coming up to 5 now.

try again next season. give her a good feeding this year but no need to cool either down for the breeding season.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts