Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have just recently bought a yellow headed dwarf gecko and i am possibly going to breed them, i was wondering if anyone has ever bred these on here? and who would want one if i did decide to breed them.

Regards

Neil

·
5,234 Posts
Hey Neil,

I'm assuming you are referring to Lygodactlyus luteopicturatus / picturatus. If so there are several people on here that have had success with this species, and other Lygodactylus species. What I will say is that they are not the easiest species of gecko to breed, for the simple reason that they are egg gluers. This means that the eggs need to be incubated where they are laid, and this can sometimes be a little difficult.

I have a basic care sheet which outlines some of key points to look for on my website. I have attached a link below.
Care Sheets

Andy

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks mate!!! cleared a few things up for me!

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Or are you refering to the Phelsum Klemmeri? these are somtimes also refered to as dwarf yellow headed day geckos, but are alot more expensive and alot harder to get then the Lygodactlyus luteopicturatus. But both are difficult species to bread for the above mentioned reasons.

Jay

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i paid 18 quid for it....so im guessing the earlier one?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool cool well ive ordered another 2 so hopefuly :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Lygodactylus picturatus

Just to clarify, Lygodactylus picturatus are not egg gluers. The eggs attach to each other but not to the surface they were laid upon.

The Boy, in full display.

The girl, heavily gravid.

The kid, full size monster!

·
5,234 Posts
Interestingly i've had a few clutches pretty well glued, although you are right, they are not gluers in the strictest of senses, it was a little misleading of me (if not plain wrong).

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts