Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, sorry, i havent stopped posting stuff all day
i already asked the dude in the reptile store this, but i'm still not convinced that a trip home in a small box for a baby chameleon is going to be entirely stress free :/
what should i do to make the trip easier for him?
and when he gets to my house, what is the best way to introduce him to his new home?
thanks
lizzie

·
Registered
24 Posts
Theres not much you could do... i was going to say cover it but that may or may not cause more unwanted stress, just slow careful driving with it on your lap i would say.

to introduce him to the cage put the container in the viv take off the lid and let it make its own way out... im going by how my beardie was brought home and introduced to his new home i know they are completely different but just thought i'd try to help the best i can :)

Good luck !

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
The way I brought my lil chameleon home was I put a small bedding of insulation paper in the box (the really thin White material foam stuff that protects glass during delivery) for comfy heat while out the breeders viv an while my mate drove me I had the tub sit in the glove box (open of course) on a small pillow so there wasn't much bumping or rocking an when I got him home I put him in the viv (still boxed) an got the temperature steady so he was comfortable then just removed the lid an left him to leave when he felt comfortable, he didn't seem stressed if anything more hungry while he settled in, don't know if any of that will help but that's what I did with my chameleon Stevie

·
Registered
144 Posts
ours came home with a little greenery and a nice comfy lap to sit on. He travelled well considering he is only 3 months old! We opened the the lid and he climbed straight out. We made sure the terra had jsut been misted before he went in and had some mini mealworms ready so that we didnt need to disturb him too much. He hid for a couple of hours but fed and drank by the afternoon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ours came home with a little greenery and a nice comfy lap to sit on. He travelled well considering he is only 3 months old! We opened the the lid and he climbed straight out. We made sure the terra had jsut been misted before he went in and had some mini mealworms ready so that we didnt need to disturb him too much. He hid for a couple of hours but fed and drank by the afternoon
can i feed him little meal worms every so often? i have read that youngsters especially might throw them back up, but if that isnt strictly true, i might try it, particularly for when i first get him home so i dont have to stand there with a cup full of crickets for ages, i can just stick them in a deep dish and let him eat when he is ready?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine has mealworms avaliable in his bowl at all times as the crickets blend into the substrate if he doesnt catch them straight away. He also has some salad and he loves hoppers. He would only eat them if he could! TO be honest i asked the breeder what was best and we have kept in touch as he clutch contained 53! He had his first wax worm the other day too!:blush:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.