Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with regret that the Society has been forced to cancel the show tomorrow due to the Anti’s intimidating the venue holders. Additionally, the organizers have received death/bomb threats.
This is clearly not what we wanted but without a venue we cannot proceed.
As a goodwill gesture, all those that have booked tables will receive a 50% refund.
The Society would like to apologize to all those that have made the effort to support us and our hobby but it appears intimidation and threats have won the day, rather that rational argument.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
It is with regret that the Society has been forced to cancel the show tomorrow due to the Anti’s intimidating the venue holders. Additionally, the organizers have received death/bomb threats.
This is clearly not what we wanted but without a venue we cannot proceed.
As a goodwill gesture, all those that have booked tables will receive a 50% refund.
The Society would like to apologize to all those that have made the effort to support us and our hobby but it appears intimidation and threats have won the day, rather that rational argument.
Many thanks for the ridiculously short notice, and 50% refund? are you con artists?

if i were you i would be far more worried about the amount of keepers this is going to seriously :censor: off than the Anti's

Good luck in ever getting taken seriously again...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The venue called us at 11.45am to tell us that they had cancelled our booking. The death threats that our members have had is unacceptable - unless you would be happy with that??
PS The booking form clearly states 'non-refundable' and we have been advised by the Federation of British Herpetologists (FBH) that despite this we should offer a 50% refund.

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
The venue called us at 11.45am to tell us that they had cancelled our booking. The death threats that our members have had is unacceptable - unless you would be happy with that??
PS The booking form clearly states 'non-refundable' and we have been advised by the Federation of British Herpetologists (FBH) that despite this we should offer a 50% refund.
explain why non refundable though?

if the venue cancels on you they wont charge you so why not 100%?

why would you keep 50% ?

doesnt matter wether you put it on the booking for or not you really think its fair for people to only get 50% back????????

unless your saying that YOU cancelled the booking and not the venue?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
deleted

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
This is a pathetic excuse, if i threatened to set off a bomb at the olympics and shoot a couple of athletes do you think they would call off london 2012? no they wouldnt, they would arrest me and i'd spend some time in-side.

why should we concede to what can only be descirbed as terrorists?

Hundreds of people have let down and ultimately it is BRAS that will feel the hit from that

Reactions: spinnin_tom

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
i trust that those responsible for the death threats and intimidation will be hunted down as truncheon says above and kept inside for a very long time?

this is precisely the sort of thing that should be made news. if the anti's are going to stoop this low, it will not garner sympathy for them in the future.

they've shot themselves in the foot, and this needs to be capitalised on...

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
The people protesting probably have no clue what they are on about.

Bomb treats? What are they gonna do, bomb the venues and kill all the animals inside? Thought they 'cared'. :censor: animal rights activists I'm assuming? PETA?

As if they'd actually do anything!

The people on this site care more for their animal than they do for themselves!

So annoyed, this was going to be my first show and because of uninformed idiots I'm missing out. And not just me. Some people's businesses rely on shows like this!

I just can believe it!

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's a death treat against those keeping reptiles?? or those who are running the venue? WHY??:gasp:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you considered decent Security? My company deal with high level threats all the time. No need to cancel. If organisers want to PM me I could ensure security of future venues.
Matt Lacey
Vigilant Protection Services

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Have you considered decent Security? My company deal with high level threats all the time. No need to cancel. If organisers want to PM me I could ensure security of future venues.
Matt Lacey
Vigilant Protection Services
Doubt they will, they already have their 50% :whistling2:

·
Registered
13,922 Posts

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
the poster says the show was cancelled due to threats made to the venue?

i just called them and the woman told me it was the ORGANISER that cancelled the venue which is why they are keeping the deposit and that they have recieved NO threats to them personally!!

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Hadn't only 40 odd of the 100 show tables sold anyway?

Reactions: The Reptile Studio

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Hadn't only 40 odd of the 100 show tables sold anyway?
yea i heard this, obviously they are far too micky mouse to actually organise a profitable show so they just decided to do a runner with 50% of all the deposits.

what an absolute joke! bring on Donny, a REAL show!

Reactions: s22jgs

·
Grinning Gecko
3,662 Posts
Another sad day for the hobby. We werent going to this show but its not rocket science to see which events will be targetted next. As already said this is terrorism and should be dealt with by the authorities as seriously as any other terrorist organisation. If this is laid to rest they have won. If action isnt taken they will do it again. Eventually threat will become reality and people will be seriously injured or worse. I hope this had been referred to the police and that they are taking this seriously. The line between opinionated protest and terror tactics has been crossed. They cant be allowed to get away with this. It should be made national news and then the public will see what these people are really like. Either that or we borrow a few drones.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well I wont ever go to a BRAS show in the future thats for sure !!

This was going to be the first reptile show i would have attended and was really looking forward to it. such a let down. I feel for those who booked tables and lost their money :(

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.