Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
It is with regret that the Society has been forced to cancel the show tomorrow due to the Anti’s intimidating the venue holders. Additionally, the organizers have received death/bomb threats.
This is clearly not what we wanted but without a venue we cannot proceed.
As a goodwill gesture, all those that have booked tables will receive a 50% refund.
The Society would like to apologize to all those that have made the effort to support us and our hobby but it appears intimidation and threats have won the day, rather that rational argument.
I was there today morning! Yes, I should read this message in time, but where I looked up at 2.00 am on Saturday, there was no notice at all!
And the refund :blush:
Doesn't the Society think that it is not an elegant solution?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I was there today morning! Yes, I should read this message in time, but where I looked up at 2.00 am on Saturday, there was no notice at all!
And the refund :blush:
Doesn't the Society think that it is not an elegant solution?

Was there many others that showed up?

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
Reactions: traum

·
Registered
865 Posts
I would like to know who at the FBH advised a 50% refund?

Speaking has the FBH treasurer and contacting other members of the FBH, it didn't come from us.

So, I would expect table holders to receive an apology along with an explanation of events and a 100% refund.

I expect with the last minute cancellation by the venue and the death/bomb threats made to BRAS members things were a little confusing. Nonetheless, I for one would like BRAS to post that the FBH had no input in the decision to only refund 50% of table fee's.
BRAS do have my sympathy and support with regards to the irrational behaviour of the authority that closed the show.

Regards
Colin
Confusion and misinformation on the part of BRAS (assuming you managed to speak to all FBH members) really doesnt do the hobby any good, while im sure we all feel for the organizers the manner in which it has been handled and the amount of reasons floating about with no input from them is nothing short off bad organization that puts the hobby to shame. I can just imagine the APA spys sitting back and rubbing there hands with all the plop thats hitting the fan over this one. I hope all society's and organizations take note of what has happened here, cross your T's and dot your i's leave nothing to be questioned, better to be over prepared than have an event shut down.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Fortunately I hadn't planned on going but I think it's been handled terribly. Lets pretend I was going and I hadn't been told it was cancelled:

I've lost £20 on the two tables I booked.
I lost £83 that it cost me in petrol to get there and back.
I lost £120 that I would've earned if I'd been to work that day.
I've also missed out on a large amount of potential sales which could range anywhere from £100 to £20,000 but lets disregard that as it's incalculable.

I've lost a MINIMUM of £223 and an entire day (maybe the previous day spent organising my stock too), the least they could do was give me a full refund and put out something official.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
:closed: I think for now before this gets any worse this Thread is closed. I will however gladly reopen it if kingsnake wants to add a reply.

This is a sad situation in my opinion. However, as a community of reptile lovers we need to learn by this and try and prevent it happening again in the future.

Simon

141 - 148 of 148 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.