Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 species of Bronzebacks available.

Dendrelaphis cyanochloris (blue bronzeback) :

Dendrelaphis formosus (elegant bronzeback) :

These small snakes are still quite rare in the hobby, a great oportunity for someone looking for something different.

£25 each

All photos owned by http://www.ecologyasia.com/ Photos of exact animals available tomorrow (when i get my camera back)

·
Banned
290 Posts
i'm drooling.recon i could drop the geckos down to a trio? then i'd have enough for ones of these little beauties.

whats their temperament like?

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
They look like funky garters. I take it they are thrashy?

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't say they are snakes that like to sit still :wink:

Nice though if you like the smaller snakes as they are very pretty to look at.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Hmm. I still love me some Rough Greens. Garter(looky-likes) do look funky though. Semi-Aquatic?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Damn thts a pretty snake!!! And i dont even like snakes as a general rule!!! They're amazing!! think i finally found a snake that i like enough to want!! haha

how big do they get? and being a newb to snakes, what is there care like? comparable to corns? would you be able to get them out at all or would they just bite you and slither off!!?

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, they only get to around 4 feet and are quite slender.

Being a "newb" i wouldn't usually recomend them anyone who can compare them to other snakes (sorry). This is simply because they are WC snakes and more what i call show snakes (ie handling isn't really a fair option as it will stress them out) as they are wriggly worms.

If, however, you desperately want these i would sit down and go through everything with you to make sure both you and the snake would be happy. It's only hard to do if you're used to something else.

·
Banned
290 Posts
used to something else....hmmm does a psycho northern pine snake count as something else i was used to trying to catch that little thing. they are worse than a psycho that slithers off at 100mph and bites when youtry to pick it up to feed it

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Hey reticulatus i really respect the way your sensible enough not to sell them to any old person, but also willing to take the time to help people out. Its a rare quality!!

Although i'd love just buy some, i was more enquiring the basics so i can do my research, i never invest in an animal without researching alot 1st, and by the time i've dont that i cant see these beauties hanging aroung for long!
Thanks very much for your help, and introducing me to a snake i can see myself owning one day!! (the only other snake i like is a BRB but they get a tab big to be feasabe!! haha)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts