Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again everyone been away from here for nearly a year now after selling my reps due to moving house :(

My brother rang me the other day and told me to pop round and when i got there he had found a cornsnake in his garden, its a baby, about 10 inches long and thin, with red patches on its back anyone know what type it may be?

Also told me yesterday, since hes fed it the smallest pinky he could get, he keeps opening one side of its mouth and it clicks a bit, any ideas what it might be? Dislocated his jaw?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Hi again everyone been away from here for nearly a year now after selling my reps due to moving house :(

My brother rang me the other day and told me to pop round and when i got there he had found a cornsnake in his garden, its a baby, about 10 inches long and thin, with red patches on its back anyone know what type it may be?

Also told me yesterday, since hes fed it the smallest pinky he could get, he keeps opening one side of its mouth and it clicks a bit, any ideas what it might be? Dislocated his jaw?

Thanks
Could be fractur in the jaw bone but better off going to the vets ...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Could it maybe be a respitory infection? A know the wee sand boa we got used to click and gape and thats wot he had. Either way it would be best to take it to a vet.

Leeann

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Sounds like a fracture or more likley as RI is it wheezing?? runny nose??

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
you dont by any chance live in the same place as the guy who posted in newbie section who found a smiliar sounding corn in his garage?! best to get it to a vet and maybe whack some found signs up in case the little thing is an escapee!!lol!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sounds like a fracture or more likley as RI is it wheezing?? runny nose??
Have you ever heard a snake with a RI? The dont all wheeze, some make a light clicking noise and not all have mucas or air bubbles coming from their nostrals, just depends how bad it is.

Leeann

·
Premium Member
16,486 Posts
Have you ever heard a snake with a RI? The dont all wheeze, some make a light clicking noise and not all have mucas or air bubbles coming from their nostrals, just depends how bad it is.

Leeann
Snakes with RI' s certainly do wheeze - they may or may not make a variety of noises and wheezing is one of them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts