Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my b.i.l informed me a while ago that your not supposed to have rep's :eek:mg: :eek:mg: (i thought he was joking til i read that about the dogs)
if they find out what will happen?? will they give us the boot?? aand is there anyway i can do it "legally"??
please advise me, lol, cos i dont wanna get rid of em, but dont wanna be kicked out either :crazy:

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
I rent private and im my contract it says no pets at all :shock: I have about 24 pets. hope they never want to look in my back room :lol:

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Right Ive had a quick google and the only council housing contracts I can find both say its uncaged or dangerous/poisonous reptiles your not allowed to keep but im not sure is this stands for all areas.

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
To be honest Rach landlords are more concerned about damage to there property where pets are concerned and a lot will stipulate no pets but I cant see them being so specific about just reptiles unless DWA.

If there is a real problem just send all your reps here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best thing to do is check your contract (small print), you could even speak to your landlord it sounds a bit weird but I know someone who has a flat not allowed pets but asked landlord about his reps and he said it was fine as long as they didnt escape or stink as he put it, his landlord has even been around to look at his collection, then again he only has two snakes. :D

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Morning Rach!

My contract with both of my flats stated no pets, But i contacted the landlords and they said the same as above, As long as they dont get out or smell then its cool :)

Is there any chance of them finding out though??

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
we rent and not supposed to have pets but i think it counts for cats and dogs as they could do damage to the property our reps are in vivs what damage could they do in there.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
under my counsil im not surposed to have all the animals i do as we have the dog then we are alot i think its 2 fishtanks 1 cat 1 small furry thing ie rat,rabbit and one bird doesnt say reptiles anywhere lol il b swred if the counsil came in my bedroom
manda xx

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
We rent privately, and our contract says no pets. But we contacted the landlord and he said that as long as they dont go into the communal hallway area thingy, then thats fine. So I have all my reps, 3 rats and 2 cats :D :lol: :lol: The cats do go into the hallway but the only time it will cause a problem is if someone decides to report us, and all the neighbours love us so....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thank you all, my mind is a bit more at ease now, i was hoping this would be the answer.
and pixie bex hopefully as long as my scummy neighbours dont find out no there is no way of them finding out, so hopefully ill be fine :D

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
rach1980 said:
ok thank you all, my mind is a bit more at ease now, i was hoping this would be the answer.
and pixie bex hopefully as long as my scummy neighbours dont find out no there is no way of them finding out, so hopefully ill be fine :D

yeah I privately rent ( my landlord lives next door we really get on well with him!) he has never said we aren't allowed pets! but he seems to like the fact that the reptiles can't damage the house ect he said to us get what you like so we kinda have! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts