Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
Do you hear of many people being bitten by these? I've heard the effects can be pretty horrific - huge necrotic ulcers that take months to heal.

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
Do you hear of many people being bitten by these? I've heard the effects can be pretty horrific - huge necrotic ulcers that take months to heal.
aside from the necrosis, they're pretty amazing.
well.. the necrosis is quite cool, wouldn't like to experience it :Na_Na_Na_Na:

oh and your photography is AMAZING
i want your camera.. what is it ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couple of acquaintances have been bitten by them. It is a pretty nasty bite. The venom will do a lot of damage but rarely fatal.

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
aside from the necrosis, they're pretty amazing.
well.. the necrosis is quite cool, wouldn't like to experience it :Na_Na_Na_Na:

oh and your photography is AMAZING
i want your camera.. what is it ?
having seen necrosis up close when I was nursing, I think I'll pass :whistling2:

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
having seen necrosis up close when I was nursing, I think I'll pass :whistling2:
yeah i think you said something about a recluse arriving dead with some inverts before ? lucky escape, really

where did you do nursing?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Love these!! A mate of mine got bitten by a 5mm LS recluse in Texas last year, and his scar is about the circumference of a magic marker!! Was also bout 1.5cm deep and needed packed everyday for a fortnight!!!

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
yeah i think you said something about a recluse arriving dead with some inverts before ? lucky escape, really

where did you do nursing?
yeah it did, I bought some stuff from Germany and there was a free L. laeta in there, was quite relieved to discover it was dead after sweating for half an hour wondering what to do about it.

And I did nurse training at Runwell Hospital, Essex.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts