Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was the first time we went to a spider show and we were dissapointed in the lack of variety in the T's. Is it normally just the common easy to get T's or is there sometimes more rare exotic ones available?
We were looking for a Trap Door and a Blue Fang but the was nothing close, they were all Chile Rose and Indian Ornamentals.
Anyway, we were wondering if there is any other shows coming up soon so we can go look around again.
Thanks
:)

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
there is a west midlands expo sometime this year, a kettering? and a maidstone afaik. donny aswell.
I hope to be at the lot.
Also, i was onthe look out for a trap door too, but noe turned up :(
John

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Every year is completely different and except for a handful even the traders are different people breeding different species. There were A lot of common species but that is how things go many breed the common as they are popular, less available and unusual species you only had to go to Lee at the spidershop or Ray G who never fail to deliver. I was disappionted not to see as much Avics this year and I have not seen anyone selling A chalcodes my favourite species since 06 so each year is unique. It is also more than buying spiders for many it is to meet up yearly and more a social event.

Also the BTS expo is the best in UK as far as arachnids go to be honest the other shows are good but not as big or as much effort going into it. That's just my opinion I could be mistaken. Just dont let one show get you down give it another go next year.

·
Registered
801 Posts
it was good to meet ppl, but there was a distinct of traders this year. Even the traders who were there didnt have as good a range of stock as I remember last year. I went for a P regalis community and got what I wanted, but only just, so i cant really complain. I was prepared for some impulse purchases but nothing lit my fire.
Maybe last year wasnt so different, but it did feel like it to me.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
We were looking for a Trap Door
There were trap door spiders in the first hall over to the left :)
They had a big red one and some black ones.

·
Banned
100 Posts
I arranged to meet someone there and buy 4 sub adult communal fasciata for £50.
My friend sold one bci and bought some hairless rats....in the car park.
I think that is where most of the dealing was done....the car park:lol2:

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
i traded a Avic for an AF Curly Hair... IN THE CAR PARK.:Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
We've heard of Lee and the Spider Shop but who's Ray G?
Ah yes a description may have been better, sorry my bad, he had long grey(white) hair with a little white gottee in the second hall in the middle if I remember rightly, although ironically as you had mentioned he did have pokies. He often has some interesting species each year along with the usual species. having said how busy it got this year it was hard to really see what was there and spiders were being sold like they were going out of fashion. Hope next time you get to see something you like.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts

Yes I bought a hatchling boa from a bloke who was breeds them and happened to be going to the show so he kindly brought one up save me from having to pay for courier. Quite strange to go to a spider show to come back with a snake lol.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
It was the first time we went to a spider show and we were dissapointed in the lack of variety in the T's. Is it normally just the common easy to get T's or is there sometimes more rare exotic ones available?
We were looking for a Trap Door and a Blue Fang but the was nothing close, they were all Chile Rose and Indian Ornamentals.
Anyway, we were wondering if there is any other shows coming up soon so we can go look around again.
Thanks
If you wanted something rarer you should have got what i got , Macrothele Gigas "Japanese Funnel Web Spiders" You utter fool LoL "Jokeingly" , I think they will put this on the D.W.A sooner or later as its just a biger Atrax Robustus , : )

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ah yes a description may have been better, sorry my bad, he had long grey(white) hair with a little white gottee in the second hall in the middle if I remember rightly, although ironically as you had mentioned he did have pokies. He often has some interesting species each year along with the usual species. having said how busy it got this year it was hard to really see what was there and spiders were being sold like they were going out of fashion. Hope next time you get to see something you like.
he is from scotland and looks abit like billy connolly, lol
did you see the new scorpion he found 300 metres underground, amazing!

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
If you wanted something rarer you should have got what i got , Macrothele Gigas "Japanese Funnel Web Spiders" You utter fool LoL "Jokeingly" , I think they will put this on the D.W.A sooner or later as its just a biger Atrax Robustus , : )
wait... was that that thing in the glass tank that was in the threat position pretty much all day and looked like the devil incarnate? :gasp:

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
he is from scotland and looks abit like billy connolly, lol
did you see the new scorpion he found 300 metres underground, amazing!
That was a really nice scorpion but unfortnatley I had nearly reached my quota of the money I had by time I got to him.
I often thought that he was the spitting image of Billy Connolly myself lol.

·
Registered
492 Posts
That was a really nice scorpion but unfortnatley I had nearly reached my quota of the money I had by time I got to him.
I often thought that he was the spitting image of Billy Connolly myself lol.
i dont think he was selling it, but had just a poster of it.
as he only found it afew months back, i doubt he would of bred it already.
:lol2:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Thanks
there is a west midlands expo sometime this year, a kettering? and a maidstone afaik. donny aswell.
I hope to be at the lot.
Also, i was onthe look out for a trap door too, but noe turned up :(
John
Sorry if its already been posted, havnt read the thread; there were trap door species in the first room, quite a few to be fair.
There was a good variety there considering there were 30 tables less then last year!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I cant see them going on the DWA any time soon, Macrothele venom isnt as dangerous to humans as Atrax venom- there are 0 recorded deaths I believe from the genus.
They also do not deliver a large enough dose to cause complications. None worse then Haplopelma/Selenocosmia/Poecilitheria etc

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.