Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to Coldblooded last week to get a new uv tube and log for my bearded dragon and came back with three baby smooth sided toads, as you do :lol2: At the moment they're probably about 4cm snout-vent and feeding on small crickets, but as they're all kept in the same tank, I was wondering what would be the best way to know how much food to give them as I know some crickets are taking refuge in the corkbark in their tank. At the moment I have just been checking that they are all plump and I was planning to seperate if one is not putting on weight/growing at a slower rate than the others.
So if anyone has any tips on raising such small toadlets, I'd really appreciate the help and also if anyone knows of any information on the growth rates of the species?

Thanks, Animalmadrew:2thumb:

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
I raised fire-bellied toadlets this summer, and currently have miniscule reed froglets, while Drayvan has been bringing on some tiny green toads- check out both of our threads for some clues. I doubt anyone on here has the definitive answer as to growth rates- even within the same spawning, they can vary enormously. best you can do is monitor them carefully- and separate them if needed. At this stage, it is probably best to keep the rearing tank as simple as possible, both so you can check on them easily and so you can see how much they are eating- again, this will be trial and error- if they seem to be eating a lot, increase the supply a bit, if less, reduce. And keep us all informed- right now, with this species, we are learning from you! :2thumb:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Congrats on picking up a fantastic sp :2thumb: Just been trying to find these for myself. Did find some in Germany about this size (same batch?) Please keep us imformed on how you do with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts