Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got any good sites for building a viv???

thinking of making one, alot cheaper than buying one. could probably do it from scratch but a step by step would be alot quicker

thanks in advance

speedy

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey ian, i was only thinking of something small 3 foot maybe to house leopord geckos, it might be jus a simple job of sticking the 4 sides together :D

i jus want a glass sliding door at the front i bought a pack away on for my beardie and it looked easy enough to make, what you reckon i should do just mock the design of the one i bought but take it down a foot?

thanks

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
yeah if you follow the design of a viv youve already got you wont go much wrong! :D only difference when i made mine was to make solid backs instead of the thin material normally used and more appealing front facias. bar that they are pretty much based on the standard vivs that you get.

connector blocks make it easy to position panels in place but can look unsightly. you can get a tool from b anq q warehouse that makes positioning dowels very easy! means if you get it right will sit perfect and no nasty connector blocks in the viv :D

any more questions just let me know

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks ian, if i decide to make it should i glue the corners and screw them in place or will dowell and the pannels be sufficient?

might just go ikea by a dresser and convert it :D

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
personally, i would dowel, glue and screw :D uber strength! tbh mines just built with screws but if i was to do it again i would use dowels as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts