Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im gonna be building a viv soon for 3 young leopard gecko's and i need a lil infomation on what stuff to use, good methods etc

best type of wood to use ?
should i use no more nails or what ?
ideal measurements for a viv with 3 leopard gecko's
ideal method to install sliding doors.

and

average price on how much you think this is gonna cost .

Thankies :D

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
contiboard/melamine (same thing) is what most people use. it's easy to clean down and not to expensive. it comes in loads of colours and you can get it from places such as b&q, homebase, focus etc...
i would imagine for 3 geckos you'd need something about 3ft wide x 18inches/2ft deep x 18inches tall. bigger if poss, can never be to big :D
to seal the viv i'd use a bathroom type sealant and make sure it drys and airs out well before using the viv.
to install glass doors you'll need to get runners and these can be bought from most DIY stores or ebay.
get you glass straight from the main person if you can, it'll be cheaper. phone around for it. i'd imagine it'd be about £20-£30 for glass.
wood would prob be around £40 at a guess
good luck

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Graz said:
hey im gonna be building a viv soon for 3 young leopard gecko's and i need a lil infomation on what stuff to use, good methods etc

best type of wood to use ?
should i use no more nails or what ?
ideal measurements for a viv with 3 leopard gecko's
ideal method to install sliding doors.

and

average price on how much you think this is gonna cost .

Thankies :D
Conti Board
Wouldn't matter what you use realy, as long as its secure
3ft long 12-18inch high and 15inch depth
you can get special things for sliding doors, sliding door rails ? dunno what there called. there just to rows 1 glass in iach row and yu can slide them
It would cost about £50-£60

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
better get saving then havent i lol

should be making late feb early march time when geckos are a lil bit bigger etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts