Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

My husband has the oppertunity to buy a 2 year old 5 1/2 ft male bull snake (white). He said hes friendly and eats well.
Im not sure, Ive read there moody and need alot of time + I think there ugly, but Matts pretty interested.
What do you guys think of Bull snakes?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Pretty much any snake can be moody, and supposedly aggressive species can be docile - depends on the individual.

I believe they can grow to about 8ft so you'd need space for a decent sized viv - probably 5x2x2 if it reaches that size.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've kept Bulls, I wouldn't have said they are ugly snakes, as for them being moody, they are all huff and puff I've never been bitten off one, as for feeding they eat like pigs and also get quite big some reaching 8foot, Looking after them is like looking after your average kings, corns etc.
Thats my verdict and Ive owned a few Bulls.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys :). Im not conviced though, need to persuade Matt the same :D . I dont like there heads, I dont know why :? .

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have a pair of bulls the male is 6-7 ft and the female 7-8ft both are very easily handled and have a rough/tough look and feel about them.My pair have bred for the last few years producing 17 young this year.The hatchlings are very hissy and are not afraid to bite repeatedly although they lose this if well handled.I think a 2 yr snake that is of good nature would be an ideal buy for someone who wants somthing a bit bigger than your average corn/king
.I have just fed mine in the last 5 mins or i would pull them out and post some pics! but PM me and i will tomorrow if you want!

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Bullsnakes are fantastic snakes, really it shouldnt matter whether you think theyre ugly if youre partner likes thrm! Aged 2 it should have a decent disposition, youngsters are the worst. Lots of bulls hiss like steam trains but you are given PLENTY of warning before you get bitten!
Nice and easy to keep these guys, hardy and a good size. 8ft? Hmm maybe at a stretch, theyre not really all that huge and most can be kept in a 4ft x 2ft viv, though 5ft woud certainly be appreciated if you have the space.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
A white bullsnake piccy for ya....

Now how can you say that is ugly???
Steve

btw, the snake belongs to Safari Jeff... He and his wife do educational reptile shows all over Canada...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That snake looks quite cool, not like the pics I found on the web.
He wants 90.00 for the snake and the tank.

Were not getting it :D

If anyone interwested, heres the details

Price: £90
Date Listed: 28 Aug 2006
City: Great Yarmouth
Color White
Sex Male
Size Medium

I have a 5 and a half foot male bull snake just under 2 years old. Very nice white colour. He is fully hand trained and a good eater. He feeds on large rats every week. The tank has 3 wooden sides and the doors are glass which slide. The tank is 3ft in heighth, 3 foot in width and 2ft deep. i am guttered about selling him but i am moving rooms and i havent got no place for him. If u r interested in buying him contact me on this number. 07867694454

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Cheers for that! Now... how do I get to Great Yarmouth? And do I know anyone with a van big enough to fit that viv in?!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
about a 6 hour drive!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts