Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all, you may have read the thread about the young burm ive temporarily aquired, which im trying to get off chicks. The snake apart from being a tad underweight appears to be in top condition, all scales are fine, a gorgeous sheen, lively and active....basically a typical healthy snake. However, I was just holding it, and there was like, a blob of quite sticky saliva in a ball at the side of its mouth whihc i wiped away. Other than this it seems fine, there's no nasal discharge, no mouth opening, and no bubbling at the mouth. Just wondered if you thought this coul be a serious sign of pneumonia or if its just one of those things?

thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
sounds like a possible resp. infection. foaming at the mouth is one of the later stages of the condition. if it was serious i would have thought it would be weazing quite a bit. any bulging in the throat?
doesn't sound serious but to save someone else saying it! a trip to the vets would solve it

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no weezing, no bulbing, and while i was feeding it today (it only eats chicks, so im chucking a rat head in its mouth as the chick goes down) I had a look the best i could in its mouth and it looks fine. I've seen snakes before, and when they open their mouth, its like goo in it, but she likes fine inside, just a typical mouth that looks shiny becasue its damp
hmmm, think i'll give the vet a visit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts