Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys i was recently surprised by my relitive in the philippines who about a year ago bought a tiny burmese hatcling it was less than a foot long but now after seeing him again he is near to 8 foot long just how big does a burmese python grow and would it be recommended for a first timer ..i live in england 7 months of the year and in the philippines the rest and what would be the best location to keep a python the uk or the philippines ..................mark

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
burmese pythons can grow over 20ft. well if it has been lept in the phillipenes i would suggest you keep it there now! how big is it cage? \nd NO it aint a 1st snake. what do you feed it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
burmese pythons can grow over 20ft. well if it has been lept in the phillipenes i would suggest you keep it there now! how big is it cage? \nd NO it aint a 1st snake. what do you feed it?
its true i have never seen a snake in public before and the keeper is a philipino man who is related to my wife ,i did not know just how big the snake gets but he brought it out at a recent party where people held the snake for photos ,i have several pictures myself .i have been doing a small amount of research and ill proberly get the ball python although there much more expensive to buy here in cebu

·
Registered
201 Posts
no no no no no.

definatly not a first time snake they can get to 20 ft as said before. these snakes are plenty big enough to seriously hurt you. google on them and you'll see what your thinking of getting in adult version. please realise as your brother found out that cute little thing you buy as a hatchling will very very quickly grow huge. i have a 16ft male that weighs nearly 5 stone thats 70 pound. i have owned him a long time but wont handle him alone.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I thought they grew _up to_ 25ft max?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its rare for them to hit 20ft in captivity never mind 25!
biggest iv seen close up was an 18ft burm, they will easilly hit 15 tho and usually max out at 12ft but you do still get 20fters out there
so guys a burmese is quite honestly not for me but how would a ball/royal python fit the bill for a firsty i googled some info and they max out at 8ft about the size of my wifes reletives burmese python who is 14 months old ill give him the add thread to this forum i think there is much for him to learn ..honestly guys i did not know how holding a big snake for the first time would set a kind of passion at first bite . i expected slime but instead it was a cool very smmoth skin on top and the belly was rough brushing up the wrong way ..thanx for your help guys :lol2:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
One of my buddies has a Burmese that is nearly 20 feet long and last time we weighed her she was 210 lbs. Her name is Isabeau....

Here's a piccy of her taken by Mikey, the vice-prez of our club (ERAS) here in Edmonton

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of my buddies has a Burmese that is nearly 20 feet long and last time we weighed her she was 210 lbs. Her name is Isabeau....

Here's a piccy of her taken by Mikey, the vice-prez of our club (ERAS) here in Edmonton

thanx for the picture .my reletives snake is a much darker colour and well not has big has big mummer .the snake here is very dark on top with little flecks of white at the sides and also dark brown shades between the black and white .the two snakes dont look similar :lol2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts