Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13-14ft

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guess this one is mainly for the big snake club :wink: but I would like to know a few basic things about your Retic's & Burms! Basically what is the average size of these beauties and what size enclosure you got for them?

most stuff you read on the interweb will give you general ideas and I know they can get anywhere between 14-20ft and possibly a little more! I'd like to know what size your are and ages I guess...

- welshgaz

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Hmmm...well I dont know if it counts but when I had a burm she was just over 11ft, but not full grown, by all accounts she is a beast now!!!

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Can you increase the size range, you're around 6 or 7 feet short to small for me to vote.

Average adult retic sizes for males and females are 12-14 and 15-20 respectively.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reticulatus said:
Can you increase the size range, you're around 6 or 7 feet short to small for me to vote.

Average adult retic sizes for males and females are 12-14 and 15-20 respectively.
Yeah like I said I cocked the poll up :shock: I had somehow managed to pst this thing 3 times and deleted the others :oops:

I didn't think that males were that small.... I expected everything to be at least over 15ft! 14ft is well within my range 8)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
One of the guys in the Edmonton club has a Burmese that is approximately 12 to 15 years old and last time we measured and weighed her she was 19 feet long, 210 lbs... Shes a pretty mellow snake though and a big hit at the shows our club puts on.... Her diet consists of 2 large turkeys or two large rabbits every 2 weeks and she occasionally gets a small pig from what the owner was saying and has a whole room to herself....
Steve

On a side note though, Neil is specially liscenced to have her and when the snake dies, the liscence dies with her... Other than that they are prohibited in Alberta....

·
Registered
597 Posts
my wife had a 24ft male and a female a couple of ft smaller, they were taken to a LA zoo after they got into their neighbours pool and their cat went missing... :? they didnt get out of their cages, they were actually taking a nice swim in my wifes familys pool and decided to roam :), i will have to get some pics scanned onto the computer...these burms were truly amazing

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
biggest one i saw was a 12 stone 20ft female., but they are rare, thats a burm... not seem too many retics, 8ft probably and thats a hatchling really lol

G

·
I used to own a 14 foot female and 11 foot male greenphase burmese.I used to keep them both in 6x2x2's but the female was at the stage of needing an 8x2x2.They were fun to bath as well as they loved it and i had many problems trying to get them back out.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol... I'm trying to convince the misses that I'm allowed one!

I reckon I got a nice little space lined up in the flat that I can fit a 6*3*2 or even upto a 8*3*2. She once said I couldn't have a snake, got a corn, then I wasn't allowed Boas, I now have 2, shes now saying I can't have a retic, watch this space :p Think its going to take me a little longer on this one though :wink:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Go for it Gaz :lol: :lol: :lol: .... she's hardly gonna turn it out to fend for itself is she..... alternatively... chocolates, flowers..... clothes shopping expeditions, usually work well :2thumb: , don't do as my other half does...... leaves it to the postie to tell me we have a 'new' addition.
Good Luck Mate
Lesley

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well its going to take me a while to gather the funds for a the ret' and b to build the viv' of which I'll probably need 2 but then if I build a 4*2*2 for him once he's out grown that my Boas wil be ready for it! 8) Kills two birds with one stone!

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
Apparently i'm not allowed no more. Once i get these two corns settled in, and they're in a proper viv. I'm going to try to get some sub-adults. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts