Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm upgrading my 8 month old Burm to a 6x2x2 Pro Viv soon. My original plan was to use a 250W ceramic, (guarded of course), run through a new EVO stat and LED lighting via the second channel.

I've been wondering if any other options would be better - tubular heater...AHS and the like. I've always only ever used ceramics so naturally this was my first thought but is another option better in any way...or cheaper to run?

Any advice welcome :2thumb:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I always tend to use tube heaters in my bigger vivs, i set the thermostats to the lowest temps i want, then just use spot bulb through the day for the hotter basking area. Ive found tube heaters slightly cheaper to run than a ceramic.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always tend to use tube heaters in my bigger vivs, i set the thermostats to the lowest temps i want, then just use spot bulb through the day for the hotter basking area. Ive found tube heaters slightly cheaper to run than a ceramic.
Cheers Mitsi, i had considered this, do you think a spot bulb would be ok for a Burm or would the light be off putting for them? I'd be needing 2 stats too so set up would be a little dearer but running costs a little lower i guess.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I would of thought so, it will have a duller end as well if it wants less light, one of my guards in my carpet pythons viv has very very small holes that let the hest through fine but seems to disperse the light a bit more.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
strange , i enquired to pro vivs for a slightly smaller viv 5.5ft by 30"deep and 24" high they weren't interested even though i would have had 4
as it is ive picked up visions i think they are , maybe early type 180cm by 60 high 60 ish deep
ones coming as i have to pick it up with a ahs in it the other ive just ordered a reptile radiator,and will have solar flares in each at 20 watt with a bulb on stat also,will have 4 set up eventually maybe go lanzo for my other sizes aas they got back to me quick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts