Reptile Forums banner
101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
looking again id say the head is under 7in long probably closer to 6in,what do you guys think??the head has some mass though even though its not that long

some annie heads are very impressive though, the length isn't over large but wow there like dog heads some of them, ive never wanted an annie but every time i see a nice big head close i have a real urge and want to see one in person

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
some annie heads are very impressive though, the length isn't over large but wow there like dog heads some of them, ive never wanted an annie but every time i see a nice big head close i have a real urge and want to see one in person
ive heard annie heads described as like a bulldogs on several occasions,they seem to be wide and deep but not very long,there seems to be alot of mass there though

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
i agree shes a stunning anaconda,she looks in fantastic condition but could probably do with a couple of big meals into her
Awesome would love to get a female one day! I need a big space though for a large pool or something!

ive heard annie heads described as like a bulldogs on several occasions,they seem to be wide and deep but not very long,there seems to be alot of mass there though
To be honest I think annies have one of the smallest head out of all the big boids. My Boa is not even half the size of my annie but their heads are nearly the same size!

: victory:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Awesome would love to get a female one day! I need a big space though for a large pool or something!

To be honest I think annies have one of the smallest head out of all the big boids. My Boa is not even half the size of my annie but their heads are nearly the same size!

: victory:
their head may not be long, but theyre usually wide and thick, its kinda like my dumerils, his head is shorter than my bci, but when he yawns his mouth is quite a bit bigger than hers when she yawns, his seems like his jaws go into his neck :lol2:

·
Registered
322 Posts
this guys got quite small hands though,come on jimmy you,ve got loads of pics with annies in you must have some with massive heads mate
Yes, i have some photos showing anacondas with MASSIVE heads. Let me search my files and i'll be right back to post ;)

Someone pointed out that anaconda's heads aren't all that big. Well, IMO they are because the main difference is that while retics, boas, etc (specially burms) at some point through their adult size have their heads stop catching up with body size (starting to look pin headed in relation to the bulk of their bodies), anacondas seem to develop their head size through their entire life. I have seen girthy condas with impressive necks (that almost seem like a fat prolonged extention of their own bodies) and with scary huge heads.

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
Yes, i have some photos showing anacondas with MASSIVE heads. Let me search my files and i'll be right back to post ;)

Someone pointed out that anaconda's heads aren't all that big. Well, IMO they are because the main difference is that while retics, boas, etc (specially burms) at some point through their adult size have their heads stop catching up with body size (starting to look pin headed in relation to the bulk of their bodies), anacondas seem to develop their head size through their entire life. I have seen girthy condas with impressive necks (that almost seem like a fat prolonged extention of their own bodies) and with scary huge heads.
thats because as you know anacondas slow grow all their lives mate whereas a captive retic can be completely full grown between 8 and 12 years,if powerfed the head just doesn,t have the opportunity to grow particularly when smaller prey items are being offered.
i think with anacondas the circumference of the head is very large but for me retics heads are definately longer and a similar width,the depth of some annies heads is monstrous though so it gives that bulldog look:2thumb:

·
Registered
322 Posts
that heads still likely shorter than the mans hand and his hands dont appear very large,my hands are 8.25in long and appear alot bigger than his mate,needless to say the circumference is very large though
Well, Steve, i don't know numbers to document the size of that head but, to be honest, i don't need them because when i look at that pic the only words that pop into my mind are "impressive" and "scary". Lol. And have you noticed that the man is controlling the snake by using his knee over her neck??? Man, how strong must that snake be(!?)...

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
Well, Steve, i don't know numbers to document the size of that head but, to be honest, i don't need them because when i look at that pic the only words that pop into my mind are "impressive" and "scary". Lol. And have you noticed that the man is controlling the snake by using his knee over her neck??? Man, how strong must that snake be(!?)...
i agree its clearly a very large annie mate but the head length falls well short of wc retics ive seen in person,i mentioned before that ive measured a big males head at thrigby wildlife gardens and his head measured just under 9inches long which honestly dwarfs the length of that annies head and he was 18ft in length,that annies head is likely slightly wider though and with the depth included likely has a large circumference

·
Registered
322 Posts
i agree its clearly a very large annie mate but the head length falls well short of wc retics ive seen in person,i mentioned before that ive measured a big males head at thrigby wildlife gardens and his head measured just under 9inches long which honestly dwarfs the length of that annies head and he was 18ft in length,that annies head is likely slightly wider though and with the depth included likely has a large circumference
Yes, i believe the head of that retic could have been a longer, but i just wouln't be able to picture it wider if you told me. Numbers aside, i'm guessing that anaconda's head is more impressive in the end. Would you agree? (though that's always subject to each ones opinion).

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
No boa or python even comes close to THIS abnormality:

SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!
Faffin ell thats a monster! :no1:

Had any luck finding a big green yet mate? Or are you not interested anymore? You must of seen some interesting feedback!

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
Yes, i believe the head of that retic could have been a longer, but i just wouln't be able to picture it wider if you told me. Numbers aside, i'm guessing that anaconda's head is more impressive in the end. Would you agree? (though that's always subject to each ones opinion).
id say the meatyness of a big wild annie head is more impressive but having seen a retic with a head much longer than this one i find it hard to choose between the two,i guess it comes down to what your impressed more by length or bulk,i guess the same can be said for the overall builds of these snakes,for me personally im more impressed by length really but of course i still find overall bulk very impressive but if i had to choose it would be long and slim as opposed to shorter and very girthy for me hence why i slightly favour retics and too be honest the retics head mate

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
Faffin ell thats a monster! :no1:

Had any luck finding a big green yet mate? Or are you not interested anymore? You must of seen some interesting feedback!
i did have a couple crop up mate but not long enough in one case and very underweight in the other case so i decided against them,im prepared to wait it out until a stunning specimen comes along mate:2thumb:

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
All this long and thin/short and fat talk lol ;-)

101 - 120 of 120 Posts