Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys its me again.im buying my fiance some more fish for his tank.he wants either endlers or half beaks.any idea where i can get these from online and can you really get decent fish online?my local shops aint that good so can you give me a few decent sites that i can check out.I live in the Stoke-on-trent area too if thats any help. :D

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
i wouldnt buy elephant noses from an interent site. they can be delicate sometimes (esp when stressed) so its best to inspect the fish before you buy

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Aren't they incompatible with some other fish also, some fish may bully them also

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Elephant noses have also been known to take big bites out of each other and can be difficult feeders due to the way they naturally feed, probing their "nose" in the substrate looking for food, so a sandy substrate is probably best, and I personally wouldn't but any livestock on-line, any half decent dhop should be able to order them in for you no problem, just tell them what you are looking for

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
della.g said:
how did this thread get into elephant noses? I'm confused lol

Della
Mike515 mentioned them, and I forgot what I was posting to and remembered elephant noses being mentione, so I answered about elephant noses :lol:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Me too I agree with the no buying life stock online

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
ok. I read the first post a few times and just wondered why they got brought up in the second post. I was begining to think someone thought a half beak was an elephant nose. lol

Della

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im glad it wasnt just me geting confused there too.lol.what on earth is a elephant nose? god you can tell i dont keep fish "yet" Think we are going to go to a better fish place a couple of miles away at the weekend.im picking up some leopard geckos from birmingham so i hear theres a couple of good ones around there. :lol:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
i would advise you to buy from a shop as you can see what you are buying and the conditions it's been kept in.

An elephant nose is a fish with a long nose a bit like a tiny trunk.Far to early to go into more detail :D

Della

·
Registered
726 Posts
What fish shop are you going to as there's a couple near me and there's one i know normally has endlers in halfbeaks will be a bit more tricky to find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts