1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
is it me or does buying a new snake give you a big buzz!:lol2:

i just love it when we have to plan a trip to collect a snake,
looking up where we are going,get the old sat nav fired up!
and what time to get up and leave,taking a pillowcase and settin off.: victory:
and the best bit is travelling to new places,
seeing and holding some smashing snakes that we will probably never own ourselves,
and getting to meet some really sound snake breeders.
I LOVE IT!!!!
do you?:whistling2:

·
Registered
27,924 Posts
Yup I loved planning, preparing/waiting for my 3, was so exciting just like xmas, got 2 from a really good reptile shop local and the other from a good reptile shop down in Exeter.

I don't do driving hundreds and hundreds of miles to collect a snake, would rather a courier did the driving. :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
It's great when you have been waiting for years for a particular species of snake. I remember traveling down to Manchester Airport to pick up my amarali (Geez, must have been around 6-7 years ago now) all cited and stuff. It was CLASSIC when I finally got them.

Unfortunately I haven't seen much to excite me since then (see what happens when you buy quality animals! Everything else is below average..LoL) but I know what your saying.

Have fun.

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
i LOVE waiting to get a new snake....it reminds me of the excitement of waiting for xmas when you were a kid....sadly you don't get that anticipation with much else these days ! :lol2:

Reactions: sooty

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Definitely know how you feel :D most of my snakes last year came from Leicester and Northampton so everytime we would drive up there I'd have butterflies in my stomach :lol2: I always gets really excited going to shows, even if I'm not going to buy anything (I said that on Sunday at PRAS but ended up with a tortoise :whistling2:) and I absolutely cannot wait for next year when everyone's got their 2012s for sale and I can get even more corns :lol2:

Reactions: sooty

·
Registered
990 Posts
I love picking up new snakes, in a few weeks I'm going to visit my family and pick up a couple of new snakes from where they live, so oooober excited :) x

Reactions: Artisan

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i do like picking up new snakes but the trips to get them are a right pain,i am not long back from a trip which was nearly 1200 miles in total and all done by bus train and ferry which took 40 hours!!!:crazy:
:gasp::gasp::gasp:

·
Registered
27,924 Posts
i do like picking up new snakes but the trips to get them are a right pain,i am not long back from a trip which was nearly 1200 miles in total and all done by bus train and ferry which took 40 hours!!!:crazy:
Bloody hell :gasp::gasp::gasp: no way would I do that.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Getting a new snake? Best feeling ever (well not quite :devil:). Always great bringing a new animal into the house but by far and away my most excited was getting the green light for my big ccp. I was so thrilled I nearly fainted!!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
i LOVE waiting to get a new snake....it reminds me of the excitement of waiting for xmas when you were a kid....sadly you don't get that anticipation with much else these days ! :lol2:
Shame we have to buy them ourselves though now instead of your parents :cry:

Hope it was for more than a Carolina Corn!! (no offence to Carolina Corn owners) :whistling2:
What was it - I'm intrigued????

I love the new snake part :) , just not keen on the travelling thing, and the open wallet surgery......that bit always upsets me :(

·
Massive Member
11,823 Posts
Hi there,
is it me or does buying a new snake give you a big buzz!:lol2:

i just love it when we have to plan a trip to collect a snake,
looking up where we are going,get the old sat nav fired up!
and what time to get up and leave,taking a pillowcase and settin off.: victory:
and the best bit is travelling to new places,
seeing and holding some smashing snakes that we will probably never own ourselves,
and getting to meet some really sound snake breeders.
I LOVE IT!!!!
do you?:whistling2:

If you think that's good just wait till you hatch some :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Absolutely agree! I've got the journey, joy of meeting a fellow forumite and sheer delight of picking up my new butter boy on sat! :2thumb: M40 here I come :lol2:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I love the whole experience of getting a new snake. Sadly I'm in that stage where I've paid a deposit and am waiting for them to get established on defrost before I collect them and take them home.... Which is SOOOOOO frustrating!

But I find the 1st feed the biggest buzz. Kind of a green light that the set up is ok and the snake is settled in :2thumb:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
i love it.

i had to resist the urge to buy a baby royal and/or carpet the other day... mainly as i bought a baby Children's a few weeks back!

i also love buying bits and pieces for the vivs/rubs.

i am quite sad really.

·
Registered
916 Posts
i love it.

i had to resist the urge to buy a baby royal and/or carpet the other day... mainly as i bought a baby Children's a few weeks back!

i also love buying bits and pieces for the vivs/rubs.

i am quite sad really.
Then I think we're all equally as sad!

I love it too.... Went to get the OH's birthday present today and it was ace :)

She's now settling into her temp rub until her viv is built and she is stunning

1 - 20 of 21 Posts