Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is my first post on the pic thread. Got this little man a month or so ago. Had over a month of him not feeding and started to get worried as he was small anyway. He is now strike feeding like a maniac and I am very happy. This was his thrid feed with me last night and he hit the mouse so hard it made me jump as he hasn't done that before. The mouse is split in the pic as he crammed it in sideways in a U shape lol. He has some lovely pattern and light brown colouring. Very pleased with him and first of many Royals.
He is my first snake but I kept have kept many Lizards and amphibians over the years. He is going into a shed and looks quite wrinkly at the mo. Have been giving him a few soaks but he seems very happy.

:no1:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he's teeeeeeeny bless him. think he needs some tlc
Hehe I know. Was pretty worried about him as he seems pretty small compared to other young uns but now he's feeding well, so pleased. He has looked like he has been starting to shed for nearly three weeks now as his nose and eye caps started to peel away but nothing else yet, hopefully he will shift it soon.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
All these new normal royals on the forum lately... really not helping my urge to buy more normals :lol2:

He's a little beauty! and so small :flrt:

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Hehe I know. Was pretty worried about him as he seems pretty small compared to other young uns but now he's feeding well, so pleased. He has looked like he has been starting to shed for nearly three weeks now as his nose and eye caps started to peel away but nothing else yet, hopefully he will shift it soon.
you'll have to keep us updated on him, i would like to see him grow and progress :2thumb:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will keep you all posted on him. Like you said i'm sure he'll start filling out soon. Believe it or not he was the best feeder out of all of his other siblngs lol.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
He is tiny, just so cute. Out of interest just how much does he weigh? And how old is he?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll check his weight later and post it up. He hatched at the beginning of October 2012 so about three months old.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I'll check his weight later and post it up. He hatched at the beginning of October 2012 so about three months old.

Any weight?

·
Registered
13,305 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any weight?
Hi sorry about that. You'll have to bear with me as I'll have to sneak the kitchen scales off to weigh him (the mrs will kill me) Was going to do it the other evening as it needs to go in his diary but I have been a bit bed bound with a Blood clot in my foot/leg. It's feeding time tonight so I'll weigh him and get some more pics.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Hi sorry about that. You'll have to bear with me as I'll have to sneak the kitchen scales off to weigh him (the mrs will kill me) Was going to do it the other evening as it needs to go in his diary but I have been a bit bed bound with a Blood clot in my foot/leg. It's feeding time tonight so I'll weigh him and get some more pics.
Ok, will have a look later then or tomorrow. Hope your foot/leg is soon on the mend.

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
Hi,

Just weight him before feed and he's 90g.
Aww how tiny ...he actually looks smaller then that on the pics. My little normal was only about 112g when I got him a few months ago and I thought he was tiny! He's roughly doubled in weight now and hasn't missed a meal. Best of luck with the little man.....he's great :2thumb:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aww how tiny ...he actually looks smaller then that on the pics. My little normal was only about 112g when I got him a few months ago and I thought he was tiny! He's roughly doubled in weight now and hasn't missed a meal. Best of luck with the little man.....he's great :2thumb:
Was suprised as he definitly looks slim compared to other younguns but it's probably because he didn't feed for a while. I'll keep you all posted on him.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You sure you zeroed the scales? :lol2:

His head must weigh about 60g. Bless him,
Hehe the scales accurate. I think the pics I put up make his head look massive. He took his first rat pup tonight with ease so I am so happy thats 4 feeds since I have had him now decent strike feeds without hesitation.

What I do is to take him out of and put him in his hide on table. Then warm the food, switch off the lights and offer to it to him in his hide. My partner held him for the first time today so was pleased that. My sons still a little scared lol but then he also doesn't like toy dinosaurs lol.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Hi,

Just weight him before feed and he's 90g.
No where near as small as I thought then. He'll probably turn into a huge royal :lol2: Glad he has started feeding regularly for you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts