Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of a suitable substrate for our Leos when they get a bit bigger. After reading about sand and wood chip being a possible problem, I've been looking at Zoo Med's Cage Carpet. It looks like it could be a good option. Not a bad price, looks natural'ish and you get two in a pack, so washing won't be a problem. So, has anyone tried/got the carpet and like it? Or just peoples thoughts on the reptile carpet?

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
well not exactly sure what it is but if its anything like astro turf i found that really good lets the heat thru well and so easy to clean and theres no chance of the reps eatin it also its alot cheaper too u only have to buy it once

·
Registered
525 Posts
also u can get it free. search for artificial grass on google n most websites will send a free sample that is around 1ftx1ft. This works out better if youve got a big vivarium to fill coz that carpet can be epensive. Iv got a whole rawer full of it but havnt used it.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
i would recomend actual astro turf rather than zoo meds cage carpet. the cage carpet has looped fibres that could catch around a leos toe or claw and possibly cause injury. cant remember which website i used now as it was about 4 months ago but i bought 4sq metres of astro turf for about £40 which pretty much did most of my vivs all in one go (when cut to size). zoo meds cage carpet is just hugely over priced office carpet tiles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts