·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol2: beat you to it :smile:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
i use t-rex...expensive but really good stuff...comes in 2.0 and 2.1..2.0 being for omnivores and 2.1 herbivores..for geckos would use the 2.0 but just use sparingly..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nutrobol i saw that earlier on camzoo but wasnt sure if u could use it for geckos but now i know u can thank you :smile:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
nutrobal is a multivit with calcium content..not calcium...but it is one of the best multi supplements out there...smells like bananas..:smile:

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
np :) my nutrobol last's ages lol i have 3 leo's which ive had for 2 months and its not even half gone

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks gonna order sum now, do i put it in a little dish for her?
and is that the only vitamin she will need?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
thanks gonna order sum now, do i put it in a little dish for her?
and is that the only vitamin she will need?
you need calcium in a dish not multi vit! if you over supplement vitamins it can cause major problems!!!!

T-Rex for calcium
Nutrobal for dusting crickets with..

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
nutrabol is good as a multi vitamin suplament that should be given every other feed.if you want calcium then just grate a cuttle fish up on a cheese grater.this is the best you can get an very cheap to.my leos love it but they aint so fussed on their nutrabol.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
right thank you belial will get both, sorry just new to leopard geckos and want to get it right thank you :smile:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
yeh thats fine.always keep a small dish of calcium in their viv and dust every other feed with nutraboll then you cant go far rong.: victory:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
than you every1 for your help :smile:

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
I use Calypso calcium powder for the most part - dusting and in the viv.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
if you don't want to spend on the t-rex the cuttlefish thing is a good substitute..much cheaper too!!:smile:

but yes you should really have the both..don't go mad on the supplement though!! make sure you gutload your live food well and you won't need to use it quite so much...

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
i mix a 3:1 ratio of calcium:neutrobal at all times in to a cake shaker so i know my leos are getting a bit of both all the time. if u ring birmingham reptiles and pets they use limestone something instead of calcium powder,its a lot lot cheaper and has been fine wit my leos since the word go

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
does anyone else use sandfire gecko dust????? if not why not thats what ive been using and im not sure if its right as noones had any experience with it
that's the one that is designed for geckos by geckos? yes!?:smile:

they do ones designed for other reps as well..got a whole load of white tree frog dust whilst in florida last time for about £1! nothing wrong with it, it's just most people use a generic formula rather than one specifically designed for their individual reptile..they all do the same job just vary in price...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts