Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
questions concerns the mystery of the calico reticulated python,visuals/hets? (if we can call them that)
looking round for something to possibly breed to my female calico,
1) female calico x super tiger het albino= the babies all tigers 66% het albino,possibly carrying calico gene.
then babies from above bred together ,possibly albino tigers, albino super tigers, normals and normal tigers and possibly carrying calico gene
or 2) calico x visual albino = all normal all 100% het albino, poss carrying calico,then babies bred together, albinos and normals (albinos that carry calico gene, that would be intresting
or 3) there a couple of supposed HET CALICO MALES AROUND, 1 TIGER, 1 NORMAL, BOTH HET CALICO, i suppose theres a slim chance that if you have a visual female and a male thats been produced from a calico breeding, this may, may increase the chances of any offspring possibly going calico,
anything else worth a shot, a sunfire maybe, a platinum?
stew

·
Registered
3 Posts
tiger het calicos

hi there i am going to breed my tiger het calico's very soon and have wounded the same thing would they produce any visual calico's i have contact nerd where mine supposedly come from to see what they think but i have heard in the last 10 years nothing has been bred out from het calico's

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
theres been a few oddities pop out of het calico/calico breeding the retic in my avatar pic is from calico/caramel parentage/grandparentage, a near duplicate animal was produced by nerd called (kally/kallie) a few years ago, a guy on another forum had produced some very weird tigers from his het calico tiger line , flame was an unusuall tiger produced from calico/tiger lines,
nerd produced the calico tiger, but have yet to get here to ovulate, its the only one they kept so there may be some more around of the scene,
keep us informed how you get on,
to add a retic company in america( darkside?) had a line of dwarf calico and they said there babies did change calico upon maturity,
fila retic have just put male and female calico (abiet a little different together) and produced very dark looking normal babies, time will tell on this pairing if anythin will show up when they reach maturity, 99.9 percent of calicos have been collected from the wild, so i thought it may be various issues during there life in the wild, but this dosent explain the calico tiger nerd produced, stew
hi there i am going to breed my tiger het calico's very soon and have wounded the same thing would they produce any visual calico's i have contact nerd where mine supposedly come from to see what they think but i have heard in the last 10 years nothing has been bred out from het calico's

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah will do mate, the original post is very,very old,
since then ive added a few visual female calicos
and a few retics from calico/het? calico parentage /grand parentage including the dad of the retic in my avatar , calicos are my favourite morphs i am asking round to see if i can get 1 or 2 imported stew
I am very interested to see how you do with this stew

·
Registered
93 Posts
All stunning examples. Im facinated by calicos, they are so variable, from white, to allmost black..

Im really hoping i can get a calico this year...im not buying any other snakes untill i do. !!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
i'm not a massive lover of calicos, but they do interest me because they're a bit of a mystery

1 - 17 of 17 Posts