Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Wondered if all you knowledgeable Boa people out there could help me... My friend has two boa's and has no idea what they are - she just bought them as boa's and would like to know what people think they may be....

First up is Ivy... she is coming up to three years old and about 3 to 3.5ft:

Secondly is Nick, she doesn't know how old he is but we suspect he is at least 4 years old as he's been this size for a year now approx 4.5ft:

Thoughts?......

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Dwarf pastel Bci maybe? And maybe a Sonoran, I aren't sure. When I 1st looked I though Bco but on closer look deffo not. I really couldn't be sure though. Sorry.

Matt

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Dwarf Pastel Bci? And maybe Sonoran? At 1st glance I thought Bco butclearly not lol.
All guess work I'm affraid.

Matt

·
Registered
13,987 Posts
without knowing the parents you will never know unfortunately, they are both nice looking boas though...but cannot be labelled as anything other than two small BCI`s
this^^^^

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Following a request from Orangest77,
From the pictures I would put money on the first being a Bcc Bci cross. The tail is too intense for a pastel, and the head shape is very Bcc. Possibly a Bcc to a pastel Bci. Very nice snake.

The second looks like a Nicaraguan x Colombian cross. The size is at the extreme end for a male Nicaraguan, and also Sonoran. Additionally, the tail colour does not support Sonoran. 95% of the Sonorans in the UK originate from my line that develops a deep black color across the entire tail. This does not exhibit that. The high saddle count and circle back pattern support Nic origin.

Sadly, however, without a true history, the actual origins will remain unknown. This is one of the reasons I do not support Central to Colombian, and Bcc to Bci crossings.

Warren

Warren

·
Registered
13,987 Posts
Following a request from Orangest77,
From the pictures I would put money on the first being a Bcc Bci cross. The tail is too intense for a pastel, and the head shape is very Bcc. Possibly a Bcc to a pastel Bci. Very nice snake.

The second looks like a Nicaraguan x Colombian cross. The size is at the extreme end for a male Nicaraguan, and also Sonoran. Additionally, the tail colour does not support Sonoran. 95% of the Sonorans in the UK originate from my line that develops a deep black color across the entire tail. This does not exhibit that. The high saddle count and circle back pattern support Nic origin.

Sadly, however, without a true history, the actual origins will remain unknown. This is one of the reasons I do not support Central to Colombian, and Bcc to Bci crossings.

Warren

Warren
not sure about the first guess warren!
although saying that....this is a peruvian B.c.c

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I 1st thought Peruvian but went against my better judgement

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.