Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day!

I have a few questions about jungle carpets and about my own jungle carpet. Just curious on those who own them on the age, size and weight of your scale babies?

My little guy is sitting around 75cm's at 5 months of age and weighs 86g

So I have had this little guy now since 16/04/2014 and he is going well, he just shed for me a week or so ago (finally!) and i have never been able to get an answer from anyone so hopefully some of you good folk can assist.

I have attached a photo of both the parents and of Kuzco my little guy and i was wondering what you think he would colour up like? The lighter colour is already getting a nice yellow to it but what colour do you think the brown colour would go?

Any photos of examples would be appreciated beyond belief.

Cheers,

Dean.

image - Sire
image - Dam
image - Kuzco

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
If that was my snake, I'd want it saying exactly as it is - what a cracking little snake!

How often and what you feeding him?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If that was my snake, I'd want it saying exactly as it is - what a cracking little snake!

How often and what you feeding him?
Thanks! :2thumb:

I am feeding him every 7 - 10 days depending and at the moment fuzzy rats - avg weight approx 18g and I even measured him with a string around his largest part just to make sure =P I was really worried about upping his feed :blush:

·
Registered
738 Posts
I am by no means a carpet python expert but my initial thoughts are that your guy is a caramel carpet python. His sire looks like a caramel jaguar. If he is a caramel then the brown colour should stay brown. He's a lovely looking carpet!!:flrt:
I'm sure you've hears it all before but carpets can handle much larger meals than some other snakes. I have a record somewhere of what my guys were eating at that weight, I'll hunt it out later. If it ends up being too big he just won't eat it. One of my guys got half way down his first chick before deciding he didn't want it and spitting it out with no ill effects at all.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Just had a look, my lot were on rat fluffs at that weight too and I was just beginning to give them an extra one occasionally.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am by no means a carpet python expert but my initial thoughts are that your guy is a caramel carpet python. His sire looks like a caramel jaguar. If he is a caramel then the brown colour should stay brown. He's a lovely looking carpet!!:flrt:
I'm sure you've hears it all before but carpets can handle much larger meals than some other snakes. I have a record somewhere of what my guys were eating at that weight, I'll hunt it out later. If it ends up being too big he just won't eat it. One of my guys got half way down his first chick before deciding he didn't want it and spitting it out with no ill effects at all.
Cool! :2thumb:

Thanks for the thoughts, I just love the way he looks at the moment but am very excited to see what he will colour up like. :lol2:

Yeah i will probably keep him on there til around the 100g mark i think cause if i go by the 20% weight rule then i will be in the clear. I am amazed every feeding day and my missus wonders why i sit and stare in awe haha.:flrt:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts