Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Just thought id ask opinons!

I normally use a different calcium powder that I buy from my local shop (cant for the life of me remember the name and im at work!) But when I went last time they didnt have it so i bought some Calypso.... First night I used it I dusted the crickets as normal but Obi kept spitting them out!!! Also Matilda (who eats EVERYTHING) ate one and wasnt interested in any more... Thought this could just be them being stroppy so I tried 2 days later and exactly the same happened... I then tried a couple without powder on and they ate them fine.

Has anyone had any problems with there Reps not taking/spitting out food when its dusted with Calypso?

Can anyone advise me on where I can get a different brand from as I have looked around and can only find this one online.

Cheers
Becca
xxxx

G

·
Bex the only other thing i can think of is if you have a pestel and mortor go out and just buy a cuttlefish.Cut or scrape it onto the pestel and the grind it down with the mortor.Use the calcium to dust your crix.Thats what we used to do when we kept beardies.

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers!!!

So I just use it the same as I would use the powder? Can i grind a lot up and keep it in a pot????

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol thats what i thought aswell! But being a bird hater I have never looked at them in the shops. Will have a look see tomorrow I think!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
i used a cheese grater with the cuttlefish when i last used one. Came out as a fine powder.

G

·
Just crush it down hun and then put it in an air tight container.It will last for ages.The same as the calcium suppliments at about a 10th of the price

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Was the other powder Nutrabal? (Forgive me if I spelt it wrong).

G

·
Nutrobal is a mixture of calcium and vitamins so should not be used as much as pure calcium.It should be used 2-3 times a week.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Maybe it was T-Rex Bone Aid? I used that for ages, it seems to stick really well to the crickets and they cant clean it off (apparently something to do with the way its prepared...). Im using Calypso at the moment and havent noticed any difference - sorry :(

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
my leos aint very keen on nutrabol at all.they turn their nose up at it.i have to trick them into eating it by giving them a waxie then a meal worm dusted in the stuff. :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
i use LEOPARD GECKO DUST from t-rex and thay are ok with it but just started BONE AID microstick from t-rex so have to see how that one go's.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Just be carefull with cuttlefish as the c:ph ratio is very high phosperous! it is cheeper to bythe human calcium powder from health shops.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts