Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's fallen during a moult. Laying on the floor all bent up. It's a shame as it's a female and she's bright green! Was looking forward to her turning adult.

However, it is still alive and somehow managed to free itself from the moult. I carefully picked it up and hung it upside down where it's managing to hold on. Hopefully she'll harden up and will be okay. Fingers crossed.

At least my Rhombodera nymph moulted okay. Its literally trebled in size; which is not surprising as it eats several times its own bodyweight in fruit flies everyday! :lol2:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My daughter has 5 species on mantis just now, and a few in the past have had bad moults. We have lost a couple with bad moults, basically falling during, an Orchid and a Texas unicorn. The Congo Green we still have lost a complete back leg due to being stuck in the moult, but most of it grew back after 1 shed and completely after 2. Try hand feeding if seeming to have problems, as long as not too bad, it may have no effect.

check out www ukmantisforum.co.uk

She currently has
Latin names I don't have to hand...:whistling2:
Adult Madagascan Marbled
Adult Bud Wing
3rd instar Indain Flower
3rd Instar Ghost (brown)
5th instar Congo Green

She also just got an Anery het Stripe Corn last week
The mantis seems to be doing alright. Its still hanging upside down and its managed to hold its arms up tight now so thats good. I think I got to it just in time.

Normally it doesn't bother me as I've lost a couple of nymphs to bad moults in the past its just I was kind of looking forward to this one turning adult.

I'm keeping ten species at the moment. The ghosts are one of my favourite though. I think they have a harder time moulting than some other species as they have so many bits hanging off them.

Anery corns are one of my faves. Is it a type A or B?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.