Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi what sort of cameras do you guys use? ive seen some really awsome pics on this forum and would love to get into the action. im willing to spend 50 - 100 pound...

i have a few spacific questions here;

what shuter speed is best for those action shots?

what pixal count is good for good quality high resalution pics?

is a macro feature important for close up detail?

any suggestions on a good buy would be reallygood and if you have a nice one you dont use for whatever reason PM me if you whant to sell...

anyway cheers,
cass

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I've always used Canon cameras and have never ever been dissapointed.

They have been making cameras for years and you can tell.

I got mine for about £160 on Ebay. The pictures they can take are amazing. You don't even need a macro really because the quality is that good you can take a pictue at distance and just zoom in in your pc and edit to look like a close up.

eBay.co.uk: BRAND NEW 6MP CANON SD600 (iXUS 60) DIGITAL CAMERA +1GB (item 290076685202 end time 02-Feb-07 18:30:00 GMT)

Above is a link.

I took the pic on my sig iwith it but its nothing special.

I strongly advise against buying from Hong Kong and would stick to the UK.

Going off the feedback you may be okay, but I've never bothered for the small saving.

I would show you the quality of pics it takes but they are to big to upload to photobucket I'm afraid.

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
I use a Kodak 8MP with 6x Optical Zoom, I specifically went for a digital with a higher optical zoom - but it's still slim enough to fit into my pocket to carry around. Paid about £200 for the camera, docking bay and battery though and that was half price in a sale just before christmas.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Iv got a Fuji S5500 which is damned good, I cant remember how much I paid for it, but I got it when it first came out...So extortionate amount of money no doubt. And I recently bought myself a Panasonic FZ30, which I haven't had a chance to play with properly yet, but seems alright :lol: I would love a DSLR but alas, funds do not allow :(

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
seems like the cost is more toward the 150-200 mark then...
might need to wait unless anthing pops up on ebay

cheers though :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I use a Canon 400D with a Macro lens for good close ups of my snakes. My partner has a cheaper Digi Cam, also made my Canon, it was around £150 I can't remember the model off the top of my head. But it takes good pictures, and has a macro function which is also very good. I would go with a Canon, they are very good cameras.

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-H5

Its got a VERY close macro which enables me to get shots like this:

and this:

It was in more of the £200-300 mark. Its probably nearer £200 now though.

It has 7.2 megapixels, 12x optical zoom and a macro distance of just 2cm!

I used to have an older cybershot which only had a 3x zoom, but it still had a good macro. If you are really stuck on a budget, you could probably pick up a slightly older cybershot for between £50 and £100 and they take lovely pictures. (In my opinion!!!)

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
i have a Kodak Easyshare z650, cost me £200 in a sale, has 6.1mp, 10x optical zoom anmd 5x digital zoom. these pics were taken from about 1.5 metres away, and have not been edited.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
HIYA I USE OLYMPUS FE-100 WITH 4.0 MEGAPIXEL AND IT HAS A AF ZOOM 6.2-17.4MM 1:3.0-5.0 FOR THOSE WHO KNOW MORE ABOUT DIGITAL CAMERAS THEN ME:lol2: ...

I LOVE MY CAMERA IT TAKES WICKED PHOTOS AND COMES IN HANDY WHEN I SELL THINGS ON EBAY...

GOT MINE FROM JACOBS AND PAID £100 + FREE LEXMARK P915 PRINTER TOTAL BARGIAN : victory:

SAM

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Nice pic's fluffy!!

Those are VERY close! lol. I had an older Sony cybershot DSC-P52 it is a 3.2mp and only 2 x optical zoom. I just couldn't get the colour's very good with it.. i also found it lingered a little if I wanted to take a picture fast. Looks like you've got a good one though.

The Nikon I bought because when i'm producing snake's i want to make sure the quality of the image's, colours match pretty well, so for selling, the buyer has a good idea of what to expect etc. The Nikon camera is unlikely to leave the house. When i'm going out and partying.. i'll stick to my older Sony :) lol.

Because the phone went and ended up on the phone for half an hour.. Tigger posted some pic's and i have to edit!! Nice pic's!! :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I use a canon 1D as I do professional photography as a hobby (£2,000 camera) But my other half has a Canon PowerShot A640 and it's a great little camera.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts