Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Last week my beloved H.maculata passed away and i'm trying to work out why.
I got the T about 3 months ago as a sub adult and i kept it in a exo terra viv with around 3 inches of substrate (coir), it had good ventillation,humidity and temperature was all as it should be. It had all sorts of decor and hides. Up untill a week before it died it had a typical H.mac attitude spun a web in the corner crickets dissapeared as they should. Then one day i went into the room and it was on the floor which was strange for this T and it was spinning around in circles and having what i can only describe as a fit it kept doing this for around a week and then i unfortunatley found it in a death curl i did my best to keep it alive but i was a bit to late. I was told by people the symptons sounded like Dyskinetic Syndrome can anyone explain what this is and if this death sounds like it was something to do with me i'd like to know so it don't happen again with my other T's

Cheers

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
Had you used an air freshener or neutradol etc or the pet dog if you have one has it had any flea treatment, could be a reaction to something like this maybe... sorry for your loss fella, I also lost a Gravid female mac couple a weeks ago its crap......

Reactions: Darrell

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
if you were yousing any airasoles in the room it could have killed it?
IM NOT SAYING DKS as theres no proof of this lol

Harry

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I stopped using water dishes and only sprayed sporadically with H.maculata for the last 15 years or so.

Mostly bone dry substrate, forget about the humidity unless you are actually breeding.

A slight misting every 2 or 3 weeks and a total soaking every 4 or 5 months.

Ive never lost a single specimen of maculata since i started doing this

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe just one of those things you can`t put your finger on .
Could be mate, but doesn't really explain the unusual behaviour.

Had you used an air freshener or neutradol etc or the pet dog if you have one has it had any flea treatment, could be a reaction to something like this maybe... sorry for your loss fella, I also lost a Gravid female mac couple a weeks ago its crap......
It's always bad when you lose an animal mate, and no all sprays air freshners etc are all used outside the room and no dogs in the house. Sorry for your loss to mate.

if you were yousing any airasoles in the room it could have killed it?
IM NOT SAYING DKS as theres no proof of this lol

Harry
Same answer as above mate.

I stopped using water dishes and only sprayed sporadically with H.maculata for the last 15 years or so.

Mostly bone dry substrate, forget about the humidity unless you are actually breeding.

A slight misting every 2 or 3 weeks and a total soaking every 4 or 5 months.

Ive never lost a single specimen of maculata since i started doing this
Ok, do you think keeping it in a humid enviroment with a water dish etc could have caused this to happen? thanks for all your replys guys.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sounds like the same problem I had with two of my tarantulas.
I was also told it was dyskinetic syndrome.

Oliver,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts