Reptile Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was left with her (looks like) male mate on my doorstep I think they are skinks but any searches i do on the web dont show me any with similar markings! I have had them for a month or so but this is the first op i have had to take a pic as they r really skittish. This is the smaller of the two (and less colourful) the male had burrowed into the woodchips.
what u guys/girls think it is?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Interesting...from that belly fold I would immediately have thought of one of the plated lizards, but its pretty small and the tails pretty long - though I dont know what babies look like. Have a look at images of Gerrhosaurus nigrolineatus and see what you think.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know, they dont look exactly like the photos but i know they arent in the best of condition at the mo.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh it def is of that species head shape is identical and the more i look at the colours i think it is the black lined variety! No wonder i couldnt find anything when i searched for skinks! :lol2: oooops not really my field these sort of lizards!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to move them on cos i need the tank for when my beardies eggs hatch! But only if i find a good enough home of course! they are cute looking wee blighters!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
When I saw this i did think it looked like a plated...but it looks so small.. although im only really familair with the sudans i guess.
could it be a juvi?

they are awesome lizards.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
U c they were left on my doorstep but been doing a bit of detective work and found out who they belonged to but they had moved away- speaking to a neighbour she thought they had had them at least a year? They are very thin looking to me would the wrong environment /diet have stunted them do u reckon??

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
it could do.
they dont look bad, just more slender than plateds often do, but then Im no expert on them.
The pics look good and healthy anyway.
Good luck with them.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thankyou

·
Registered
752 Posts
i dont know if any1 is paying attention to this thread anymore, but i know what the lizard is. I cant remember its name exactly (ill look it up if anyones is interested) but its closely related to our common lizard.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
do you think?
i know there are soem european species that have a similar look but it looks like a plated lizard to me..

what species are you thinking?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea what u think? cos they have gone to a new home that already has plated lizards so they were keen to take them- god i hope they are or they are gonna get a surprise!!:hmm:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
phewwwwww!!! they r settling in to their new home as we speak just waiting on the photos!! I did think cos of the belly fold and looking at the other pics on the net that they were plateds, but i am no expert!!

·
Registered
879 Posts
dunno i know jackall about skinks but maybe a plated OR(big or) imperial skink?
i REALLY don't know just a guess

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
bump.
[lizardqueen is online, hoping she may have got a pic of the species she thinks they are]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts