Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a leopard gecko that for a week now, has been doing something that looks like he's coughing. Can they cough? What should I do?

Thanks.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
maybe its got a respiratory infection, maybe drop the humidity a bit.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
are you feeding crickets that are to large for him? They should be no bigger that the gap between there eyes.....

Humidity should always be very low for leos!

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
The reason i suggest the humidity is that my bosc monitors humidity got too high once due to substrate change and he got a runny nose rather than a cough, but moist air can cause a irritated throat and cause wheeziness that could be thought of as coughing.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
tombraider said:
The reason i suggest the humidity is that my bosc monitors humidity got too high once due to substrate change and he got a runny nose rather than a cough, but moist air can cause a irritated throat and cause wheeziness that could be thought of as coughing.
that was blazey by the way, my mum keeps logginhg in when i thought i was logged in.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
tombraider said:
tombraider said:
that was blazey by the way, my mum keeps logginhg in when i thought i was logged in.
you mean like that :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts