Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i wanted to breed collareds, can i do it with (for exemple) a male eastern and a female western? :roll:

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
would think so. not sure thow :roll:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but when the babies born some are easterns and some westerns? :roll:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
they would be centrals wouldn't they?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOOL! :lol: i'll wait till gan1 answer:p he knows :wink:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just another question..can they eat silkworms?no probl?but only as a treat right?***

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
PeaceandLove said:
PML Gan is a she not a he, lol :wink: http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=241472&highlight=#241472

OK so you can breed and they will reproduce, but they are from two different families. The Westerns are from the family Crotaphytus Insularis (Bicinctores) and the Easterns are From the family Crotaphytus Collaris (Collaris).

They are different shapes and colours, though still "Collared Lizards". I guess its the same as mixing an indian Elephant with an African Elephant, you still get an elephant that's a combination of the two, they'll have characteristics of both, so you probably won't get some turn out looking eastern and some looking western, they'll have combined features of both. As for colour, I have no idea, try it and send us some pictures !!

I also double checked too that hybrid species are, infact fertile and can again reproduce successfully !!

Edit: I have given mine silk worms AND butter worms in the past, they wouldn't eat them, lol

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry:p but ther's no probl do that with dif families?u breed collareds?i would like to breed them in the future not now:p

i'll try to give her silk worms to see if she will eat them...

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
You'd have to make sure they were labelled as hybrids if you ever sold them.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tkz! if were you what do you make?

male and female westerns or female western and male eastern?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts