Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer I went to Lausanne, Swiss where I visited the serpentarium and was able to take some nice images of some reptiles, snakes included. I was able to write down some names but not all . I know it may be a long shot with just the heads in a shot, but if not, then just enjoy the images :D

This is one I could ID : Candoia carinata paulsoni

This guy was very nice , but I have no idea just what it is unfrotunatelly

Here's a shot of an Anaconda, huge but very nice

And here another little guy , which I think lives around Iran/Iraq and which was nto happy at all with me and my macro lense in front of his tank (He even started to sizzle when I was 3 meters away from it :shock: )

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
think last one is Natrix maura from southern France

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both for your reactions; I think that Gonyosoma oxycephalum is correct and I have adapted it's name on my image website.

About the Natrix maura I am not sure enough for now (but just to be clear : I still appreciated your feedback Gaz !). I'll look a bit deeper into it with this name. Got the impression the images I encounter of that snake are minly darker , this one is more pale and my god ... did he know how to make noise !

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
HWall said:
Thanks both for your reactions; I think that Gonyosoma oxycephalum is correct and I have adapted it's name on my image website.

About the Natrix maura I am not sure enough for now (but just to be clear : I still appreciated your feedback Gaz !). I'll look a bit deeper into it with this name. Got the impression the images I encounter of that snake are minly darker , this one is more pale and my god ... did he know how to make noise !
the ones i caught in Pau looked just like that one,i could be wrong though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well here's another shot , where you get to see more of the animal

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
green ones a red tailed racer i think. saw one in a shop today

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
green ones a red tailed racer i think. saw one in a shop today

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the yetr unidentified some people are thinking about the genus telescopus ? But I have not knowledge on these... could this be the case ?

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
It definately isnt T.dhara and i am just about to sell some T.semi-annulatus and it isnt that species either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts