Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys for those of you that have read the snake one. I am looking for help in identifying the lizards in these pictures.
they are off the back cover of a calendar for next year. This year they got soem of the names wrong on the snakes, but did not name the lizards.
They have asked for my help to identify them for next year and i KNEW i coudl rely on u guys to help me.
IF they are all idenifyed then i am giong to ask that they put something about RFUK on the back!
The people that take the images know nothing about what they have taken photos of! Sorry i cant make the images any bigger!

I think i have managed to name a few here goes - pelase correct me if im wrong
1 figi iggy, 2 blue iggy, 3 looks bit like a panther cham, 4 Iggy, 5 could be a salamander (not really sure), 6 ? 7 Tokay Gecko,8 Beardie, 9 Tegu, or monitor, 10 Comodo 11 Iggy 12 not sure if its a BD or not.
Thanks
Lin

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
1,crested anole?
2.green iguana
3.yemens chameleon
4.green ig
5.looks a type of newt
6.austrailian waterdragon
7.tokay gex
8.bearded dragon
9.golden tegu
10.komodo
11.green ig
12.dunno

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Nice pics :)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
calotes of some sort [unless its an oddly patterned wd] [edit---- goin on size now it prolly is what rankin dude said]
Green iggy
yemen cham
green iggy
dont know
australian water dragon
tokay gecko
bearded dragon
not sure
not sure

green iggy

and not sure again lol

will try harder ina bit

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Nice pics lots of nice lizards !!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys!
were getting there!
seems a lot of iggys considering there are loads of different lizards out there! who ever took the pics aint got much of an imagination have they lol!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
no..I would have thought a better selection could have been offered.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Would be a decent calendar if they didnt use so many iggys. Also why throw in a random newt type thing lol!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think its coz they are just the publishers and dont know were they get there sorces from! but yes i was a bit "upset" when i got my calendar of this year there are at least 4 iggys on the 2008 one. ( Avonside Publishing - 2008 Calendars) for the 2008 one that is
But i have certainly woke them up and in future years they will be asking for more variety of the images given and will also have learn a thing or 12 about reptlies! I have asked them in future to do more research or to come on places like this and ask - ok we are not all experts but obviously have a better knowledge than there photographers!!!!!!!!!:lol2: and we do reseach and photos for a hobby they do it as a PAID JOB!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

that the 2008 one? Bloody Hell more Iggys lol

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
they seem to have used that blue headed one twice too. Is that some sort of Agama? They have some nice variety otherwise . Between the two they could have made a decent calendar!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
well i did warn ya lol! the photogropher must like iggys :lol2:
i know everyone wants a calendar that they like and i got 3............. 1 snake, 1 lizard, and one frog one and at £10 each its a bit much when the pictures are of the same type or snake, lizards etc - especially when they could not even get the names of them correct ( snakes one) .
With all those iggys they could have at elast got rhino one! or a frilled lizard

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
1. Green Garden Lizard (Calotes calotes)
2. Green/Common Iguana (Iguana iguana)
3. Yemen/Veiled Chameleon (Chamaeleo calyptratus)
4. Green/Common Iguana (Iguana iguana)
5. Red Spoted Newt (Notophthalmus viridescens) google it and you can find the original photographer of the calander picture!
6. Australian/Eastern Water Dragon (Physignathus lesueurii)
7. Tokay Gecko (Gekko gecko)
8. Inland Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps)
9. Golden Tegu (Tupinambis teguixin)
10. Komodo Dragon (Varanus komodoensis)
11. Green/Common Iguana (Iguana iguana)
12. Changable Lizard/Common Garden Lizard/Variable Agama (Calotes versicolor)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
anole of some sort
iggy
yemen
iggy
salamander
australian water dragon
tokay
beardy
black/gold tegu