Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys i have got another lot of very small piccies for you to browse over. I have no names for thess ones so i need your help in identifying them if you can! sorry cant make them any bigger.
IF you guys can identify them i will ask that RFUK goes on the back of it to say thank you! ( have also put one in the lizards section to identify lizards)

i think i know a few.
1 GTP, 2 some sort of rattle, 3 ?, 4 Western Diamond back rattle, 5 GTP, 6 some sort of rat snake, 7 same,8 Boa (not sure if its redtail or not) 9?, 10?, 11?, 12 corbra
Lin

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
1.green tree python
2.hairy bush viper
3.neonate emerald tree boa?
4.eastern diamondback?
5.emerald tree boa
6.taiwanese beauty
7.gartersnake
8.guayuan red tailed boa
9.green snake
10.tropical rattlesnake
11.african birdsnake(lol)
12. a cobra of some description

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
OK guys i have got another lot of very small piccies for you to browse over. I have no names for thess ones so i need your help in identifying them if you can! sorry cant make them any bigger.
IF you guys can identify them i will ask that RFUK goes on the back of it to say thank you! ( have also put one in the lizards section to identify lizards)

i think i know a few.
1 GTP, 2 some sort of rattle, 3 ?, 4 Western Diamond back rattle, 5 GTP, 6 some sort of rat snake, 7 same,8 Boa (not sure if its redtail or not) 9?, 10?, 11?, 12 corbra
Lin
1 is a juvenile Green Tree Python.
2 looks like a Hairy Bush Viper but I'm not sure.
3 is a juvenile Emerald Tree Boa.
4 is some sort of rattler, but I'm not sure.
5 I'm not sure on - it looks like an ETB to me rather than a GTP.
6 looks like a Radiated Rat to me.
7 is a Striped California King.
8 is a Boa Constrictor, and it certainly looks like a Redtail (true BCC)
9 looks like a Grass snake to me.
10 is another rattler, and if I had to guess it's something like a Prairie Rattler.
11 I have no clue.
12 is a cobra - maybe one of the spitting cobras, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
14,312 Posts
1 - baby green tree python, 2- possibly a bush viper?, 4 - western diamond back rattlesnake, 5 - adult green tree python, 8 - red tailed boa, 9 - grass snake 12- cobra.

they are my guesses

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah now we have 2 identities for no 3 red gtp and neonate tree boa?
on the 2008 calendar there was probs with boa's and pythons.
I would have said tree python not tree boa - but im not sure!

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
niether of them rattlers are westerns

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I agree with Ssthisto, (on the one's I could guess at, she knew more than me) I'm leaning towards Emerald Tree Boa for the adult, and I agree with hairy bush viper, but can't add anymore to the others i'm afraid.

·
Registered
27,819 Posts
6 looks like a Radiated Rat to me.
It's some type of beauty snake because of the thick eye liner ( rads have three thin lines radiating from the eye )...

I would guess Chinese Beauty (Orthriophis taeniurus taeniurus) as the blotches do not look big enough for a Taiwanese.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts

i think i know a few.
Lin

ok here we go...

1.juvy green tree python,
2.hiary bush viper,
3.deffinatly an emerald tree boa juvy,
4.rattler,
5. adlut emerald tree boa, the heads the worng shape for gtp and too large heat pits,
6.beauty or rat??
7.striped king, (too stock for garter)
8.surinam red tail boa, bcc
9. grass snake of some species
10.easternrattler?
11.not sure on that one, look like some sort of vemonous to me tho
12.juvy king cobra

howd i do lol what do i win...

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
It's some type of beauty snake because of the thick eye liner ( rads have three thin lines radiating from the eye )...

I would guess Chinese Beauty (Orthriophis taeniurus taeniurus) as the blotches do not look big enough for a Taiwanese.
*chuckle* I thought I might not be right - it didn't look right for a Taiwanese to me either, and I was looking at the body position and the open mouth and remembering 99% of the Radiated photos I've seen :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol if only ! sorry hun no prizes!!!!!!!!
well at least u guys know more n the bloody photogrophers :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for that!

·
Registered
933 Posts
i've just been told the rattlers are likely to be a southern pacific and a panamint. Though a close up of the eye of the last one would be needed to be sure.
I would say no 7 is a garter as I've never seen a striped cali like that but I've seen plenty of chunky garters.
The cobra looks to be a king from the head scales and colour.

Mike

·
Registered
11,538 Posts
carisma02ukQuote:
Originally Posted by lizardlover

i think i know a few.
Lin

ok here we go...

1.juvy green tree python,
2.hiary bush viper,
3.deffinatly an emerald tree boa juvy,
4.rattler,
5. adlut emerald tree boa, the heads the worng shape for gtp and too large heat pits,
6.beauty or rat??
7.striped king, (too stock for garter)
8.surinam red tail boa, bcc
9. grass snake of some species
10.easternrattler?
11.not sure on that one, look like some sort of vemonous to me tho
12.juvy king cobra
Thats what i would say as well!!:lol2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts