Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after some Candoia boas and I understand that only a dozen or so are imported each year. Does anybody know who to talk to regarding this please? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
Send a pm to rickpellen. He uses the same username on CB. He has a litter of paulsoni that he bred last year. He also has Candoia carinata carinata, which as adults are small, that he's hoping to breed from. Really nice bloke, very knowledgeable about his animals.
Another one to try is dcap, he was selling some of his Candoia recently.
Crystal Palace had both paulsoni and aspera in last year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Ian, yeh Rick sold me my first snake! It's aspera that I'm specifically after but I'm not wholly fussed if I can't them.

Reactions: stark

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Rick is a good shout, otherwise Crystal Palace reptiles just had a large(?) clutch laid.

Tom

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Crystal Palace reptiles just had a large(?) clutch laid.

Tom
That would be a first Tom - they are Boas not Boigas. :2thumb:

OP There is an adult for sale in classifieds now (very nice specimen too) Dcap is selling it if memory serves. If you go for youngsters be very sure they are well established before getting them as they can be complete nightmares to get feeding though they grow well once they do decide to eat.

I took on an entire litter to raise once and spent many late nights tempting them with mouse tails, pinkie parts and chick wings - because they would not try anything as big as a day old pink.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
That would be a first Tom - they are Boas not Boigas. :2thumb:

OP There is an adult for sale in classifieds now (very nice specimen too) Dcap is selling it if memory serves. If you go for youngsters be very sure they are well established before getting them as they can be complete nightmares to get feeding though they grow well once they do decide to eat.

I took on an entire litter to raise once and spent many late nights tempting them with mouse tails, pinkie parts and chick wings - because they would not try anything as big as a day old pink.
Hehe!
Was a bit tired and tipsy.. Give me a break! :2thumb:

Tom

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Cheers Ian, yeh Rick sold me my first snake! It's aspera that I'm specifically after but I'm not wholly fussed if I can't them.

Hello!!!

The solomon islands are i believe a closed place for export at the moment. but as is aforementioned you can get aspera from cpr possibly if they have any left. If you want paulsoni, wait a few months till i get these ones feeding.

one more question....ive sold a few people there first snakes....who are you!! as you live very near me i can see so i must remember you!

Reactions: heather08

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Send a pm to rickpellen. He uses the same username on CB. He has a litter of paulsoni that he bred last year. He also has Candoia carinata carinata, which as adults are small, that he's hoping to breed from. Really nice bloke, very knowledgeable about his animals.
Another one to try is dcap, he was selling some of his Candoia recently.
Crystal Palace had both paulsoni and aspera in last year.
#
thanks ian!! nice to see you the other week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts