Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I think its the cold, a friend of mines cane toads stopped eating, and mines a bit shy about it. Is he in a warm area of the house? With it happening to a couple at once I recon its the weather

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is in an exo terra, inside my dwa vivarium which is double glazed so there is a nice ambient temperature. What do you and your friend feed yours?

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Dunno about my m8, ill ask if she'll PM u if u want?

I feed her crickets, locusts, mealies and morios :D Im gna be getting her some earthworms when I find a decent supplier-dont fancy my chances digging in the snow :lol2:

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
He is in an exo terra, inside my dwa vivarium which is double glazed so there is a nice ambient temperature. What do you and your friend feed yours?

how long have you had it?
has it been eating ?
maybe just the time of year, its not always the cold but the change in air pressure, if its only not eaten for a day or so i wouldnt worry too much

·
Registered
837 Posts
Dunno about my m8, ill ask if she'll PM u if u want?

I feed her crickets, locusts, mealies and morios :D Im gna be getting her some earthworms when I find a decent supplier-dont fancy my chances digging in the snow :lol2:
My bullfrog has slowed down a bit as well I thought it could be something to do with the shorter daylight hours.

Spider_duck Try wormsdirectuk.co.uk thats who I use.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
my toad isnt eating either... must be something in the air...

·
Registered
311 Posts
A day isn't anything to worry about for most amphibians, it is probably the cold slowing down his metabolism. If you feed mealworms, try crickets or locust to get its attention as they're a lot more active.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.