Reptile Forums banner

carpet breeders?

1K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Oh How Original 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of any carpet python breeders in the burton-upon-trent/derby area? Been on classifieds section but all really far away.

Cheers

#3 ·
Ideally I would like to see the snake before I buy, and check it over. But It may come down to having one couriered, which I have never had experience with.

#8 ·
What kind of car do you have?
£40 the cost of a courier will probably get you most of the way to Gloucester and back from derby. That's like carpet alley. There's bladeblaster, mike (mike something sorry forgot your user name) and pilbara reptiles all close with great snakes
Then moreliauk as above in London but I'd courier from there. I try to avoid the big smoke as crowds and traffic make me crazy.

Unless your just wanting the nearest carpet python not the best one why would a day out bother you

#11 ·
I'm not all against the travel....I may be contradicting myself here, but if there's reputable breeders in my area then why travel further than needs be. Which is the question I'm asking lol
I could go to the big pet shop 5 minutes down the road from me, who have a carpet in at the minute, but I would like one from a proper breeder. If that makes sense??

#12 ·
Most carpets I've seen seen in shops have been muddy "left overs" from breeders I'm not saying there bad animals and each to their own if you like them. But I think you'll find nicer ones if you pick a sub species/morph you really like then keep an eye out for hatchlings on here over the next few months. Message the breeders as they'll give you a better idea of what they'll turn out like as hatchlings often look abit turd to start with. And then go from there. By that time you'll have saved up enough petrol money to travel the world ha. : victory:

#14 ·
Yer the one in the shop was okay but far from the nicest I've seen of others, especially some on here. Why have burgers when you could have steak.

#19 ·
I got a stunning jag off bladeblaster from kiddy show, that's not too far from you (OP) I travelled from near you down on the train as I do t drie, didn't take long.

Give him a PM and see what he's got cooking!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.