Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day! I have recently picked up a new little addition and want to know her sex. The breeder who i got it from told me that she probed at a depth of 7 scales. I have been reading through "The complete carpet python" and within that book it states females 2-5 scales and males 8-15. I was just wondering what the opinion was on here. It is in a grey zone, as some females and probe deeper and some males more shallow.

The breeder told me he was fairly sure this one was a female, and the clutch was priced based on appearance not sex (So the females were not more expensive)

My biggest issue is this coming season (January) I want to get her a partner. I don't want to go dropped another few hundred dollars on another python only to be the host of an all male orgy. :lol2:

What should i do?!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
My little females probed at 2 scales and my little males at 6.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm with the others, 7 seems too many to be female.
Maybe you can take to someone else who knows how to probe and see what they get

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I think that may be the case, with she being a he. Kind of extremely annoying, that being said i will take her to the vet to get probed again before i go out and get another python. I will make a hundred percent sure that the new female i get is definitely (Hopefully) female.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I have 2 females ready to go if youd be interested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would love to, but you see... I live in Australia =P. The import/export rules are a little strict. :lol2:

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Might be a bit of a long journey for a young one, lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.