Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heya, in my localish (yay for made up words) shop, they have carpet pythons, they are just labelled as "Carpet Python" and I've had a look at caresheets and have found lots of conflicting info like viv sizes, 1 says 36x18x18 inches is the minimum for an adult and another says 48x24x24 inches is a minimum, there is even conflicting in fo on temperature and humidity, some say no humidity others say 60-70% humidity
so I was wondering if antone could help me out, with minimum and maximum viv sizes, humidity and temperatures and if you could point me in the direction of decent care sheets it would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
what kind of carpet pythons are they? viv sizes would vary greatly depending? a male Irian Jaya will get around 4-5ft while a female coastal has the potential tor reach 13ft, although they wont get quite this big you should take it into consideration and never assume before buying. most carpets also like to climb which means a high viv on top of floor space. Find out exactly what kind of carpets they are and do as much research as pos. and as for humidity, i keep mine quite low as recommended by UKpythons.

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There scientific name is Morelia Spilota, I hope that helps narrow down the species

G

·
if you want a coastal make sure you go 4x2x2 as already said, now if you
want a jungle or irian jaya a 3x2x2 or taller will do for you ,non of my carpets are sprayed they all shed 100% i use massive water bowls so humidity is ok but daily spraying is not a must .i keep mine at around 85 to 88 max 90 they need a good ambient temp as they are succeptable to RI at low temps as any other snakes ,the vivs i use are 4x2x2 for my diamonds 3x2x2 for my jungles and 4x2x2 for my jaguars .for smaller snakes i own like an 05 bredls i have 3x18x18 etc

hope thats a helps you

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you want a coastal make sure you go 4x2x2 as already said, now if you
want a jungle or irian jaya a 3x2x2 or taller will do for you ,non of my carpets are sprayed they all shed 100% i use massive water bowls so humidity is ok but daily spraying is not a must .i keep mine at around 85 to 88 max 90 they need a good ambient temp as they are succeptable to RI at low temps as any other snakes ,the vivs i use are 4x2x2 for my diamonds 3x2x2 for my jungles and 4x2x2 for my jaguars .for smaller snakes i own like an 05 bredls i have 3x18x18 etc

hope thats a helps you

That helps a lot. thank you:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts