Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help from the cat experts please. Ive got 3 cats, 2 females both nearly 3 years old and a male who is nearly 18months. All have been dressed the boy when he was 6months. So my problem is in the last week my male has been trying to hump one of my girls. Hes chases her about and tries to pin her down. Of course shes having none of it. Ive had a little feel about thinking maybe one of his testicles are still in there but theres nothing. Anybody any ideas why hes got randy all of a sudden :grin1:

·
Premium Member
7,867 Posts
Just because they have had the chop doesnt stop them humping lol. It is a deterant as people do it for male dogs who wont stop humping legs ect ect.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive never seen any of my other male cats trying to hump before :grin1: Awww what a shame :smile:

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
I need some help from the cat experts please. Ive got 3 cats, 2 females both nearly 3 years old and a male who is nearly 18months. All have been dressed the boy when he was 6months. So my problem is in the last week my male has been trying to hump one of my girls. Hes chases her about and tries to pin her down. Of course shes having none of it. Ive had a little feel about thinking maybe one of his testicles are still in there but theres nothing. Anybody any ideas why hes got randy all of a sudden :grin1:
Did you own the male cat when he was neutered and did the vet remove both testicles? Sounds daft I know, but cats can be born monorchid, which means only one testicle has come down and the other is retained somewhere internally. If one testicle was left, then he'll still show an interest, but you would be very unlikely to be able to feel it, as it could be well up inside the abdominal cavity.

However, having said that I had a neutered boy who used to try and oblige my queens when they were in season. He would scruff them and go through the motions, without any success of course. But he didn't chase them when they weren't in season - only when they were chasing him!

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i had him when he got done :grin1: I never thought to ask if he had removed the two of them :oops:

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
I presume he must have found two, cos technically if he couldn't find one of them he should have told you so!!

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
My boy was neutered pretty early - but he still trys his luck from time to time - just one of those things imo. (he def had both removed).

·
Registered
355 Posts
We've had neutered females hump calling females to help them out in the past.
And we once had a monogamous male (poor menace died of kidney failure a couple of years back, he was gorgeous).

When it comes to neutered males, they can sometimes forget that they've been done it would appear as vivi and dagda have been known to get a little frisky with the girls from time to time even though they've been technically incapable for going on a year now. lol

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
males are males animal or human. humans have a vasectomy dose not stop us humping.

:lol2:
Yes, but you've still got the equipment, it's only the little tadpoles that aren't getting through!!!:grin1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts