Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously my mum cat doesn't think I have been providing the kittens with enough food!

Every night for a week shes bought home a live mouse. Wouldn't be so bad but my o/h hates mice and freeks out. And she lets them go:yeahright:.

Step son saw one the other day - but we never found it and, this morning, I heard a rustling behind the cat feed bin - pull it forward and guess what!

she grabbed it and i told her to tak it out and locked the cat flap - now she is trying to break in - still with the mouse.

I do wonder where she gets them from - shame they aren't safe to feed to the snakes though lol.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Probably a nest nearby.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
why aren't they safe for the snakes?
I didn't think rodent deseases can be passed to reptiles.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
That'll just make them go dormant most likely. And besides, wild mice aren't exactly hygenic.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well my cat brought an old RAT into my bedroom a lil while ago so there! :Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
cats just catch mice if they are hungry or not :( its just what they do

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
yeah its called giving you a 'present' or something

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
yeah it is a present and the best rthing to do is praise them for it i had a present a few months back only i didnt notice it a t first and there was a strange smell in my bedroom and i found a dead bird under the bed i freaked so oh had to get rid of it and the next day he brought i live bird into the bedroom at 5 in the morning nice wake up call

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
mates cat brings mice back and her puppy eats them.

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
Only thing Bentley (the puppy) has brought back up is half a pink g-string that he ate. Nobody realised he'd eaten it till he brought it back up.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
:rotfl:

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
he's naughty. i tried to train him that if he steals her underwear he saves it for me but he won't listen.

We caught him once trying to sneak out with an oven glove

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
My sisters cat is a proper huntress. And i always have to deal with them dead or alive.
She must have brought in over 30 mice this year, not including voles, a few birds (some alive some dead) and a slow worm.

The mice are actually very lucky if their alive when they come to me, because usually it's late at night and i cant release them near the house as she'd just bring them in again, so i wait until the morning if the mouse is healthy enough.
They get a stay in a plastic tank with straw and hides, they get fed and get given water til morning or when i can release them as sometimes i keep them for longer if their injured.
They all still eat and drink right infront of me, as stressful as their situation is.:( They must be so desparate for food and drink, poor lil things.
Of course their not always alive when their brought in, or whole for that matter.

Ive helped a couple out and then released them far away from the house, so at least they have a fighting chance.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I don't know if this is true, but I heard that it has nothing to do with the kittens. It's to do with you. It's a present for you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts