Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, thought I would introduce myself.

The names James, although most call me JP, I currently live near Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire.

End of the summer last year I enrolled on an Animal Care course at a local college with the aim of going on afterwards to work with animals, probably dogs. As part of this course I had to do a number of work placements in diffrent establishments.

Well eventually after a lot of the same (i.e alot of work at Woodgreen Animal Shelter) the great people at Cambridge Reptiles took me on for two weeks. I didn't really know what to expect, but I can say it most fun I had at any placement on the course. And it now has me throughly hooked on Reps, heh the guys there knew it after the first week me thinks.

Well now I've finished the course and am out in the big wide world looking for a more permenant job than my weekend work. I enjoy it enough, working in the pet department of the local garden center, the best bit being the ferrets. But I'm afraid I'm finding little furries kind of boring now :roll:

Anyways, I'm also looking to get my own rep, and am trying to learn as much as I can about these amazzing creatures. Heh, with some luck it shouldn't be too long before I can actully get one...

Well, thats me, sure you'll be seeing more of me.
JP

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Hi JP welcome to the forum. good look with getting your reps. i got hooked on reps at the end of july i now have 6 corn snakes and a royal python on the way in september, its very adictive this reptile thing :)

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Welcome to the forum JP... hope you find the forum helpful and im sure you'll get some great reps.. and yes the bug will bite harder.. got my first snake in February and now have 7 kings, 3 corns, 1 royal, 2 garters, 1 frilled dragon and a leopard gecko... and more on the way.. so it will bite hard :lol:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hey JP

:welcome: to the forum. This is a great place to do all the research b4 u get ur 1st rep. We've found it sssoooo helpful.

Keep us updated with your more than likely ever growing collection!

Take it EZ M8, Alex & Cand :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the all the warm welcome folks :) This seems like a great community here.

I would of loved to start this with a little corn as there are some lovely ones about. But unfortunatly this isnt possible under current circumstances (my nan living in a bungalow in our garden and her being terrified of snakes. She'd never come in house again :roll: ) So on the snake front I have to wait untill I move out :( But thats not going to stop me as there are some nice lizards out there, and those I can get into the house. :wink:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hello!

:welcome: Don't get a reptile for goodness sake! You won't be able to stop at one! I "allowed" my son to get a lizard (agama) and the next thing you know, we have a pair of them & hubby wants a dragon to call his own, it's just madness!
Only kidding, but the addictive bit really is true. Good luck with it all.
There's a strand in general herp chat about getting herpetology qualifications, might interest you if furries are getting boring? :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts