Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've kept cave geckos for many years now, and after keeping them with fake foliage I thought it was about time they got upgraded to the real thing :2thumb: As they are so light and move around quite delicately there haven't been any plant casualties yet! I'm looking forward to watching the plants grow and seeing how it all develops. The tank is a 36x18x18" exo Terra with a twin T5 controller, one UV bulb and one for encouraging plant growth. I made the rock background out of polystyrene, grout and paint, then varnished for waterproofing. It doesn't look exactly like the limestone I was aiming for, but certainly passable as rock! See if you can spot the geckos - there's a trio in there :2thumb: This is how it looked immediately after planting:

Then a month later:

And then 2 months later:

This project has been on the cards for years now, I'm just glad I've finally got it completed! The geckos certainly seem to be enjoying anyway :2thumb:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Looks great!
Really like the live bamboo in there. Might get some of this for my viv when I buy the plants after seeing it in here.

Josh

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Goni's

Great Goni set up:2thumb:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Looks great! How hard is it to maintain?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great! How hard is it to maintain?
Thanks! Currently super easy to maintain - just keep it watered, prune off dead leaves as necessary and train the climbers into position. The geckos are very considerate, they tend to pick one spot as a toilet and use it every time :2thumb: I just mix it into the soil and let the various beasties decompose it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
My African fat tail always poops in the same place, and my partners two leopard geckos always used to poop in the same play too! Haha, a weird tradition of geckos :lol2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts