Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anyone know of anywhere in SE London or London itself that have a good rep and sell CB Royals. I'm hoping to get an adult male that is good at being handled and proven with feeding and shedding.

I'm in process of getting viv ready but want to start looking for best places to get my Royal.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
You are probably better off putting a thread in the classifieds section for a WANTED:.

Private breeders are your best bet really.

Try the classifieds and see what comes up.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Gay said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know of anywhere in SE London or London itself that have a good rep and sell CB Royals. I'm hoping to get an adult male that is good at being handled and proven with feeding and shedding.

I'm in process of getting viv ready but want to start looking for best places to get my Royal.

Adult males do come around more often than females, however think how much it costs to get it to an adult size, not including the time etc.

Breeders don't often sell adult stock as the cost to grow it on and the time involved has to be taken into account in the cost.

All our Royals are CB, but are 06 so not upto adult size as yet.

Check them out if you wish
http://reptilekeeping.net/shop/index.php?cPath=1_17_94_97

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i'm selling my adult male, as well as a younger male..

the adult is unknown as to if CB or CF.. but he eats well, and is very tame.. thats not an indication as to his origns, just how he is..

the younger males is stunning, but known CF..

at the moment he is eating less than normal, as he is up for breeding, but he still ate last feed, on a prey item left in the viv over night..

i could deliver to south london for contrib to petrol..

N

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for you replies guys.

BJ that link will be very useful. I take it 06 means six months, how big are they at that age and would that age be okay in my viv. It's 4ft but narrow only 15" depth and 18" .

Nery's I would love to buy your royal off you but haven't got all the bits for my viv yet. So probably won't have the money for 2/3wks. How much would you be asking for him. :cry:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good choice Gay, I get most of my reps from these boys (bj herps), (they don't give you Bull S*** like the other shops and breeders do) and there animals are A1 condition.:)

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
BJ that link will be very useful. I take it 06 means six months, how big are they at that age and would that age be okay in my viv. It's 4ft but narrow only 15" depth and 18" .
06 generally means it was born in 2006.... rather than the month.

I got a adult male royal for 60 quid... Rep shops will obviously put a markup on the snakes so if you willing to pay that fair enough, otherwise a male royal in classifieds come up every now and again!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
06 means it was born in 2006

most of the time, young or hatchling royals, do better off in smaller vivs to start with :)

BJherp - jerry - is very good yes.. handily, also local to me :)

N

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a bit of a problem not having transport that's why I really need to find CB within the london area from a reliable source with a good reputation I think.

Bj sounds great but is an awful long way from me without transport.

What I'm also wondering now, know it's a bit cheeky but would like to find someone local to me (or actually in London) who has both corns and royals that I could possibly come and look at and maybe handle to get a better idea as to the first snake to get - although still leaning towards a Royal :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
I started off with corns then I went on to royals, the first royal we got was a none feeder, but Jerry and Paul helped me getting him feeding again (i wont explain how, but the misses, were'nt happy :razz: ), If i had not of started off with corns and new the basics then I think the royal not feeding would have put me off, but they are really beautiful, but I think corns are the perfect starter, mine have never missed a feed, and all of our young feed straight away, with no problems.

peace: victory:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Adult males do come around more often than females, however think how much it costs to get it to an adult size, not including the time etc.

Breeders don't often sell adult stock as the cost to grow it on and the time involved has to be taken into account in the cost.

All our Royals are CB, but are 06 so not upto adult size as yet.

Check them out if you wish
Reptilekeeping.com snakes reptile Accessories animal pet insurance
Hi BJ, I've been to your web site many times before, because I think your balls (as in Royal Python :lol: and boas are gorgeous). I even rang the shop once :crazy:

I'll be looking for an adult male myself, now that I've found out I have 2 females, but I can wait because none are in breeding weight as of yet :|

Congrats for your animals, they are great :flrt:

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
where abouts in london? i am due up that way to drop a snake to someone at some point in the no too distant future, i may be able to combine?

i have a couple of corn babies left, not sure if you wanted an adult or not tho..

Nerys

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ooh, I'm all in a quandary now. I've read a lot about Royals not feeding and most of the stuff I've read the owners say not to worry as it's normal that if it happens just weight them regular and if they aren't losing weight they will eventually resume feeding again. I really need to see some adult corns to find out whether I'd rather start with them.:?

I wished I lived nearer BJ. :cry:

Nerys I live in south London, Bermondsey area? Do you still have the male Royal?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a bit of a problem not having transport that's why I really need to find CB within the london area from a reliable source with a good reputation I think.

Bj sounds great but is an awful long way from me without transport.

What I'm also wondering now, know it's a bit cheeky but would like to find someone local to me (or actually in London) who has both corns and royals that I could possibly come and look at and maybe handle to get a better idea as to the first snake to get - although still leaning towards a Royal :D
Hi there,

Thanks for the Kind words Nerys and Carl, payment will be in the psot in due time:crazy: .

With regards the transport of the animal, all our livestock can be transported to anywhere in mainland UK.

Open an account on our site Reptilekeeping.com and the shipping cost is based on total weight of the cart.

If we can help any further PM me.

Regards

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks BJ good to know that you're there, maybe I'll have a day trip for a visit to shop one day

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks BJ good to know that you're there, maybe I'll have a day trip for a visit to shop one day
Hi Gay,

We are not a shop or "pet shop" we are a breeding facility, but we do have everything a pet shop has and more.

Visitors are by appointment only as we like to give people time to look round and explain the ins and outs of everything.

Come see us if you dare.........:censor:

Jerry & Paul

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aha! I see, sounds the ideal place for me to venture out to - I can be very daring on a good day, lol

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
crystal palace pets, there not too far. theres also one neer Aldershot.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks snakelover will look into them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts