Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Young Tympanocryptis tetraporophora feeding well on fruitflies, bean weevils, small crickets and Turkistan roaches all gut-loaded and supplemented with Repashy.

Now over six weeks old and ready to spread the popularity of what are still quite rarely available little dragons. Care requirements are broadly similar to young Rankins but small feeder insects are preferred, even by the 12cm adults.

See here for care requirements:

Google Translate

ReptileBreeder.co.uk

These are not really lizards for handling but if you're looking for display animals that will thrive in naturalistic set-ups too small for adult beardies or Rankins these sociable little charmers really do take some beating!

Unsexed at £75 each or £210 for three.

Adults for comparison purposes only - no mature individuals of either sex available (sorry!)

Collection from WR10 preferred but open to other arrangements so please bear this in mind before telling me you're too far away ;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
I HAVE A QUESTION...how small a viv could i get away with to house these, as i only have two 22x22x16 vivs empty, more worried about getting a correct heat gradient ...any advice appreciated.
dont want to buy anything i cant give the correct set up to

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure, I take it they're 22" square and 16" high? I have one of my groups in an 18" cube with climbing structures (lava rock - they're not too agile!).

With the right wattage of basking lamp possibly paired with a dimming stat you can keep them well in a set-up this size. They enjoy hot days and unheated nights with a few weeks of brumation so they're very adaptable. It's easy to find photos of them standing upright in the wild to avoid excessive over-heating by exposing their reflective white bellies. Not sure what temperature triggers this though - certainly over 35c and not something I've seen in my specimens

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.