Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm having some trouble distinguishing between ceramic heaters and Bulbs and lamps! They all look remotely the same and everyone that I find that is meant to be a heater also says lamp, Which is the same as a bulb surely? But I don't want a bulb! ahhhhhhhhh Confusion!!:lol2:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm not too sure what you mean by "when it says heater it also says lamp" but I use microclimate ahs heaters in my vivs and they work great. I also use ceramic bulbs to back them up, just incase. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not too sure what you mean by "when it says heater it also says lamp" but I use microclimate ahs heaters in my vivs and they work great. I also use ceramic bulbs to back them up, just incase. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been looking at ceramic set (the heater, guard, holder and cable) But they all Either say heat lamp, Which i'm assuming is a bulb or they just say ceramics, I'm just horribly confused :lol2: and From the picture, Bulbs and heaters look practically the same, So i'm Stumped:lol2:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ceramics tend to have a flat bottom where as heat bulbs are like your conventional round bulb you find in your house

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Ceramics tend to have a flat bottom where as heat bulbs are like your conventional round bulb you find in your house

Hope this helps.
exactly they dont look anything alike its just the wording that is confusing as they are called ceramic bulbs by some they are still heaters its the word ceramic thats important not the word bulb.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
They all look different.

A Ceramic bulb

A Heat bulb

Infra Red Heat bulb

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
oh pet hate time :devil:

a lamp goes in a lamp holder & gives off light / heat , a ceramic heater/ lamp does the same but without the heat , a bulb goes in the ground & flowers grow out of em
lamp

ceramic

bulb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts