Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 100watt do it or will I need to buy a 150watt? This is for a hog island boa and his current hotspot is 32-33oC.

The viv itself is 63(l)x19(d)x24(h)".

Also I seen some snake hides that were black and quite flat looking but now can't remember where I seen them. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and could point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I have almost the same size vivs for my snakes, and I use a 150 watt in them all. It is more than adequate.

I have seen the hides you mean, and I would like some myself at the right price, but I don't remember where sells them. It would be better than the gravel trays I use at the moment.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have almost the same size vivs for my snakes, and I use a 150 watt in them all. It is more than adequate.

I have seen the hides you mean, and I would like some myself at the right price, but I don't remember where sells them. It would be better than the gravel trays I use at the moment.
Currently hissy puff has a small indoor compost bin as a hide. Unsightly is not the word.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Currently hissy puff has a small indoor compost bin as a hide. Unsightly is not the word.
Ha, I also use upside down washing up bowls. They look terrible, but at least a 6 foot plus boa can fit in one.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I would go 150w minimum for a viv that size, I use 250w in 6ft viv's, in a viv that size use a plastic cat bed or small dog bed upside down? Or get these trays from a garden centre and convert them which is what I did from the garden centre where I work. I do have a couple for sale but its collection only postage was not worth it.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts